UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Series 3 Detailed Pics

Following the example set by Mini Myte in the superhero forums, here's a detailed look at Battlestar Galactica Series 3

Apollo:

BSG3%20Apollo.jpgBSG3%20Apollo%20b.jpg

Starbuck:

BSG3%20Starbuck.jpgBSG3%20Starbuck%20b.jpg

Helo:

BSG3%20Helo.jpgBSG3%20Helo%20b.jpg

The Chief:

BSG3%20Tyrol.jpgBSG3%20Tyrol%20b.jpg

variant Tyrol:

BSG3%20Chief%20Tyrol.jpgBSG3%20Chief%20Tyrol%20b.jpg

D'Anna Biers:

BSG3%20DBSG3%20D

and my favorite, Sharon Valerii, who looks really ticked off:

BSG3%20Sharon.jpgBSG3%20Sharon%20b.jpg

BSG3%20Sharon%20less.jpg

Pretty good over all.

The pictures some of the characters come with probably would have looked better if they had made Minimate drawings of the people instead, but that's a minor gripe.

I'm just glad these are still coming. . . at this rate we'll get a dead Billy variant before the fourth season starts.

Stupid writers' strike. (For the record I totally understand and support where they're coming from.)

Once again, thanks for the pix Cappy.

My only bitch in this wave is that the Apollo is very easily part swapped from series one/two, They should have given him a slightly different look or something ( perhaps given him a chubbier face like the start of season 3?)

I can live with the other 'almost the same uniforms' because there are slight differences in faces or hairstyles.

T.

Sorry, but aren't some of these 100% Quick Customs from the other waves, such as Apollo and the Variant? Or am I missing some minor details that makes them worthy of a new figure?

Sorry, but aren't some of these 100% Quick Customs from the other waves, such as Apollo and the Variant? Or am I missing some minor details that makes them worthy of a new figure?

The variant has a different coloured neck above the T-Shirt, the previous one was brown this one is pink ( Waits to get smacked for not using the appropriate ethnic terms). It's a small difference but enough to make it a purchase for completist's. However with a tiny spot of pink paint people that aren't so anal can have a fig that's effectively the variant!

See above for my views on Apollo!

T.

The variant has a different coloured neck above the T-Shirt, the previous one was brown this one is pink ( Waits to get smacked for not using the appropriate ethnic terms). It's a small difference but enough to make it a purchase for completist's. However with a tiny spot of pink paint people that aren't so anal can have a fig that's effectively the variant!

T.

Also, Dualla had lines that indicated boobs. I don't think they gave Tyrol moobs.

T.

And Dee has a lady chest. Tyrol doesn't, so it's a new design for the uniform.

Yeah, this version of Apollo is nothing but parts re-use except he has a gold belt buckle. Previous officers had silver ones. But they made up for in accessory hands. ;)

Helo is only unique from the neck up.

As for the variant, Dee definitely has a female torso along with the diffrence in skin tone. Also, Tyrol and Dee have diffrent shoulder patches on their left arms. So similar, yes, but not exact duplicates.

That's what happens when you're all in uniform. :)

To be honest, I'd only really been interested in getting the Three/Sharon pack, since all the rest seemed to be "quick customs" of previous characters. And then I watched more episodes of the show...and need to get Tyrol for spoileriffic reasons. But looking at these...Helo looks so much like Apollo, right down to the cheekbones. I'm torn.

Nice pics Cappy, thank you. Do to my impatience I didn't get the opportunity to check these out first hand at my lcbs.

On reflection, it's really not a surprise that this line has some problems with 'mates seeming too similar. Between the military uniforms and the whole multiple copies of a Cylon thing, it was bound to happen. They did a marvelous job with Sharon/Boomer though-different clothes and expressions while still keeping the same basic facial features. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Yea! Thanks for the pic.s Cappy. I was really jones'in for some feedback on these (shamelessly depicted in my previous posts!). I understand what others are saying as far as some of these being "ho-hum" rehashes (although they do look great), and if I were 100% sure that series 4 were the final wave I'd agree. I do believe that we'll see a few more releases and further round-out our factions. Even as "quickie customs", I'd have needed to buy duplicates to create these, so I don't mind. Can't wait to get mine in the mail!

BTW, I also agree that the "photos" would have been more appropriate had they been "mini-matized". Something about the combination of real-world and mini-world just seems...strange.

Helo....looks a lot like Hot Dog. Or is that my imagination?

The prototype looked dead on to Helo. Could there have been some manufacturing confusion? Here's the image I got from StuckaKid of the proto:

mmBSG_S2_CS_NCHS.jpg

• 1 month later...