UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

diamond e-spectrum #55

I'm cautiously excited about this as long as they're hinting about Minimates and not Stargate collectible plates.

I'd almost prefer it to be plates or my guess was that it'll be 'props' like the trek phasers etc.

If we keep getting new lines of minimates I'm going to have to start picking and choosing what licenses I buy, it's getting too expensive to get everything... B)

T.

If we keep getting new lines of minimates I'm going to have to start picking and choosing what licenses I buy, it's getting too expensive to get everything... B)

Especially when you start factoring in outside costs. For instance, I had no idea how much I'd accumulate in hospital bills when I bought the My Asbestos and Me minimate set. And who could forget the Lick a Lead minimate box set.

I'm all for new lines as long as they keep them different, keep them faithful to the series, and they carry enough interest to get a line moving. I don't need another Street Fighter II where I get excited only to have the line falter before it really gets going strong.

Especially when you start factoring in outside costs. For instance, I had no idea how much I'd accumulate in hospital bills when I bought the My Asbestos and Me minimate set. And who could forget the Lick a Lead minimate box set.

I blew my hand off opening up a C4 Plastic 2-pack that I bought cheap on ebay. I was thinking it would be some sort of new Mini-flyer & I wasn't far wrong. I can count on one hand how many times I regret this. C3 ,you put together,C4 sure takes 'em apart.

I blew my hand off opening up a C4 Plastic 2-pack that I bought cheap on ebay. I was thinking it would be some sort of new Mini-flyer & I wasn't far wrong. I can count on one hand how many times I regret this. C3 ,you put together,C4 sure takes 'em apart.

You two could be poster-children for MOC collectors world-wide! "Play safe, and don't let this happen to you!"LOL

Back on topic though, it's probably just promoting the announcment of Stargate: Atlantis figures, but (though I'm not a huge SG-fan) I've always thought that SG would be a natural choice for minimates; especially since DST produces the figures. That, and they'd get alot of mileage out of part/paint app. reuse as the majority of characters are dressed the same (like BSG). A few boxsets could be cool.

Personally, I like Stargate: Atlantis better, so I hope if they do Stargate: SG-1 they will do a SGA boxset too. I just want to see how they do John Sheppard's hair, especially since they did such a good job on Lee Adama's from BSG.