UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Release for DCD?

Nestlé

Sh*t! That means I'm not going to get them! I didn't ask Abstract as they've had their fingers singed in the past with minimates, and Toyz and gamez hadn't ordered em. (to the best of my knowledge) as they were waiting for proper solicitation.

F**k! :angry:

Correction the were "solicited officially" in the April for July DC solicitations, with the following caveat:

"Order now to ensure immediate availability. Retailers please note: for the first several waves, orders may be allocated."

Nestle, not sure if you caught this on the AA Forum, but alot of members were purchasing them from Corner Store Comics and somewhere else. I'm thinking I'm going this route, even though my local CBG has assured me he ordered them. While I love the guy, he's dropped the ball on me one too many times, ala' Smile Time Angel and JLU Black Canary maquette :rolleyes: My wife still busts his stones everytime we go in there about the Black Canary :lol:

Nestle, not sure if you caught this on the AA Forum, but alot of members were purchasing them from Corner Store Comics and somewhere else. I'm thinking I'm going this route, even though my local CBG has assured me he ordered them. While I love the guy, he's dropped the ball on me one too many times, ala' Smile Time Angel and JLU Black Canary maquette :rolleyes: My wife still busts his stones everytime we go in there about the Black Canary :lol:

I'd go with AFX ( pimping use the of Ad Banner at the top of the page to help out Ady with costs!) Several Members have had issues with Corner Store recently...

Prices on AFX are as good as anywhere else and you'd be supporting the site :D

T.

Sorry, don't have much experience with Corner Store Comics, I just know folks were talking about that place for preorders on the old forum. Here's a direct link to AFX for us lazy people :D While I've only had good experiences with AFX, I know some folks complain about the high shipping costs :mellow: Me? As long as my items get to me in a timely manner and in good shape, I'm good. But I'll let folks decide where they want to purchase for themselves ;)

Not to argue against using AFX and giving revenue to the board... but I don't use AFX to order new sets due to the randomness of variants. Corner Store Comics guarantees that you get every minimate in the wave, including variant. AFX doesn't have that certainty, and from what I understand, several of the board members have tried ordering sets and not gotten the varients that they wanted...

Aye, AFX dont offer full sets of 8, only sets of 6, that said there are no variants in the DC waves

They are however selling sets of 8 DC, just so people dont get confused!

Also other stores charge a premium for the Chases, AFX just scoop up the next set and ship them from the box and there's a 1in4 chance of getting the variant instead with no extra charge, rather than paying $15-20 for the variant pack. which doesn't seem suh a bad idea to me, the only thing that lets them down is international shipping which is very expensive, but we find ways round that :P

T.

I've actually dealt with AFX several times in the past. (I used to get my minimates through them). However, living in Canada I've found (along with Jeff) that AFX is not the way to go.

To get something accross the boarder from them is REDICULOUS. Unfortunatly it's much cheaper for me to go independantly (ex: EBay) since that problem doesn't sseem to happen.

So, maybe I'll try out this comic corner... But I'll still open to wheeling and dealing with someone on the boards. (I would rather my money goes to someone on the boards than shipping & handling costs).

Sorry, don't have much experience with Corner Store Comics, I just know folks were talking about that place for preorders on the old forum. Here's a direct link to AFX for us lazy people :D While I've only had good experiences with AFX, I know some folks complain about the high shipping costs :mellow: Me? As long as my items get to me in a timely manner and in good shape, I'm good. But I'll let folks decide where they want to purchase for themselves ;)

and heres the url to AFX that actually supports the site:

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?actio...nnD+index.html+

Cheeky don, trying to get people not to support us :P

:unsure: Who's cheeky, if you read my post above yours, I have the link for AFX on it :D I swear Ady, now I can see why TBT thinks you ride the short bus to work :lol: Like I said before, folks can order from whomever they like. For those that live here in the states, order from AFX and support the forum and your international brothers ;) I will most likely put my orders in after SDCC, since I need to keep everything in the nest egg me and the Mrs. have for the trip :)

:unsure: Who's cheeky, if you read my post above yours, I have the link for AFX on it :D I swear Ady, now I can see why TBT thinks you ride the short bus to work :lol: Like I said before, folks can order from whomever they like. For those that live here in the states, order from AFX and support the forum and your international brothers ;) I will most likely put my orders in after SDCC, since I need to keep everything in the nest egg me and the Mrs. have for the trip :)

Erm Don...Actually Ady is right on this one... :P

Yours is a generic link to AFX....

The one Ady posted here in this thread and in the Adverts is to AFX BUT registers the potential customer was from our site and gives MMV credits when people order after using it ( actually it's when stuff gets shipped), hence it supports the site.

IF IN DOUBT, Use the ADVERT at the top of the page! :)

Geez Don... You new boys don't read all the backthreads properly and then come on kicking up a fuss....sheeeesh :rolleyes::P

T.

Im special.

Seems to be the theme of the day.

Anyways, only orders submitted via clicking on the URL I provided or the banners count towards site revenue. Anything else doesnt.

I dont mind either way, but would obviously prefer people order via my URL/Banners as it keeps this place here, which is a good thing

Hey, I'm all about the good :D It's the reading things I have problems with :lol: I'll check things out further when I get back from SDCC. Have alot of prep work around the house starting next week to insure the house doesn't fall into disrepair while we're gone :rolleyes: Definately hope these are on display at SDCC too, not to mention some of the other upcoming goodies :)