UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What would make you give up on this hobby?

Just having a chat with Tim on MSN, and got around to an interesting discussion piece.

What would make you give up the "collecting Minimates" hobby?

Mine (as suggested by Timbo) was:

AA making their Mini's boobless cos it offends outraged parents

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I quit!

What would make YOU quit?

Oh and I don't want any real doom and gloom here folks, keep it light and airy :)

If they started making the chases all seperate characters a la Wave 10. Or started making MORE completly useless charactors a la Mariko.

Oh, OK, I agree with you then Danny, making the mates "boobless". :D

All minimates, even those of respected characters like Thor, Hulk, & Captain America...all are made into variations of Spiderman and/or Wolverine. Super-Soldier Spiderman, Incredible Spider-Hulk, The Mighty Asgardian Spiderman, Spider-Punisher, etc.

AA making their Mini's boobless

Wash your mouth of such wretched language. :P

I'll also go for Shanester's suggestion.

Also if they were to cost $1000.00 each cause I buy too many.

Minimate Spidey has a press conference where he reveals his secret identity of Minimate Peter Parker to the world.

lol that was funny!!! :lol:

Promise of a house and car in exchange for giving up minimates.

Dang... sorry, you wanted jokey, not serious.... well...

Getting the flipped version of Peter Parker/Spider-man ie Spider-man half on the left, Peter side on the right

if they continually re-used parts and released variations of the same character over and over again! ;)

I believe you should receive a yellow card for this post for the same reasons Logan did...

You're missing the point it should be light, flufy and silly, not an excuse to vent :)

Guy's you're not using your imaginations here.... saying wolverine/spiderman variants or parts reuse is way too obvious and really not that funny :P

T.

p.s. l laughed outloud at the sm/pp reversed comment, now that was funny!

if they continually re-used parts and released variations of the same character over and over again! ;)

I believe you should receive a yellow card for this post for the same reasons Logan did...

You're missing the point it should be light, flufy and silly, not an excuse to vent :)

It was a gag dammit! Seeing as I'd have had to have packed up collecting em two waves or so back. :P

It was a gag dammit! Seeing as I'd have had to have packed up collecting em two waves or so back. :P

I kind of guessed.. ok I'll revoke the yellow, but put a must try harder on your report card... howzat? :D

T.

I will quit if Minimates ever spontaneously self-animate and become sentient.

Imagine the sheer terror of waking up in the middle of the night to find yourself bound Lillipution-style with shoelaces and electrical cords. Hundreds of screaming and toothpick bearing Minimates surround your captive body. Poking and taunting, poking and taunting, endless poking and taunting. Finally, a frothing Venom gets up on your chest and tells you he is going to crawl up your nostril and devour your brain.

At that precise moment, I would quit collecting Minimates. Until then I will keep my Minimates snapped shut inside their purple plastic prison.