UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

For A Few Dollars More box set

Fujis

DMC10775a.jpg

A Diamond Select Release! An Art Asylum Sculpt and Design! Journey back to the wild west with this box set of movie Minimates based on the 1965 Clint Eastwood classic - For a Few Dollars More! Each two-inch Minimate features 14 points of articulation with movie-styled accessories. This exclusive four-pack includes the enigmatic bounty hunter "The Man With No Name," Col. Mortimer a.k.a. "The Man in Black," the depraved El Indio and the poncho-wearing Monco!

Click here to check out the order page at the Big Bad Toy Store!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bring. That. Sh!t." Fistful of Dollars, teh Good, Bad, and teh Ugly...all of them! That is so bizzare. I was just thinking today, "Yeah, these would be cool, but I'm still waiting for classic BSG minimates that I've actually seen prototypes for...so I'll believe it when I see it!" Regardless, I just placed my pre-order! It's just so strange that there's already a pre-order (especially one that claims Feb. as the release date) before we've even seen a proto-photo. I just hope this isn't another DST pipe-dream. Now I really wish those dang Ghost Rider Moviemates would come out, if for no other reason than to throw that Sam Elliot Caretaker into the mix(yeah, I know it's not canon...but so what)! Also, who do I need to bl.. er, bribe to get that "minimatized" horse produced?!? That would be too f'n cool (and provide a whole new level of Minimate customizing: Zorro, Lone Ranger, Aragorn for Valkyrie and BlackKnight, maybe some centaurs? Yes please).

OH MY GOD.

I THINK I JUST SHAT MY PANTS.

I AM SOOOOOO BUYING THEM WHEN THEY COME OUT.

"the men with no name" trilogy is one of my personal favorites. along side with the "Dirty Harry" series.

i still cant believe they are coming out in mates' form.

now i am wondering, why the second one? why not "the good the bad and the ugly" ?

but dude, the pocket watches better be included, with the "pictures" inside.

and cigars, and the guns, and the money bags, the wagons....

my god, i am excited about this.

I'm not that familiar with this trilogy, in fact I just watched FAFDM last night, but aren't Monco and "the man with no name" both Clint Eastwood?

Must be some sort of typo, else we're getting two of Clint, though I cannot recall any other outfit he wore to warrant a second figure.

Okay - so these are in the 2 inch scale, but the 24 and BTTF are in the 2.5" scale? I need to know, because I'm strictly a 2" guy.

To my knowledge, 24, BTTF, and FAFDM are all in the 2" scale. DC is the only line varying from the now standard 2" body type.

I believe the recent product descriptions that say 2.5" are taking into account the fact that hair pieces & hats make the figures slightly taller than 2 inches. Rest assured, the 24, BTTF, etc. minimates will be based on the same bodies as the Marvel, DC, BSG, etc.

Now back to the topic, these are going to RULE! And they should make a horse at some point, as it could be used for BTTF3, Planet of the Apes minimates (not announced, but my fingers are crossed), and so many more lines!

And they should make a horse at some point...

Agreed. It's probably a long-shot though. Does anyone happen to have a Lego horse handy? I'd love to see a pic with a Minimate for a size comparison.

Let me see what I can do... my kids also havelego and they also have playmobil and I can see how close they are.... I'm betting playmobil is a lot closer scale

Woot woot, cowboys!!! Finally, some new minimates besides BSG and Marvel that I want to get.

I could go without the horse. There are so few playsets, vehicles and the such that I think it might look out of place. I hope I am proven wrong though and that if they do make the horse, it looks wicked awesome.

And they should make a horse at some point...

Agreed. It's probably a long-shot though. Does anyone happen to have a Lego horse handy? I'd love to see a pic with a Minimate for a size comparison.

Size wise, it looks ok.

legohorsenmate001.jpg

There's no way you can get a mate to sit on a LEGO horse though without seriously cusomizing the horse.

legohorsenmate003.jpg

That's actually not too bad. Perhaps if you added four thin single blocks to each foot (hooves) to add a little height, and add some sort of angled bevel piece (same color) in the cavity in the torso it could work. PlayMobil are scaled to 3"(aprox.) figures and therefore might be a bit too big, although they are narrower and would accept the "V" of the 'mate-crotch better. It just dawned on me today that I have some Kubrick "Planet of the Apes" sets (2.5" scale) that had horses that might actually work perfectly. Unfortunately, they are buried in storage in my garage at the moment, so I'm not 100% sure yet; I'll try to dig them out soon. If anyone has one of these handy(before I get a chance), plop a mate on one and let us know how they fare. As cool as they'd be, I too have to join the "pessimism-party" as true, authorized Minimate horses seem extremely unlikely (I'd love to be wrong!).

Thanks for the pic Reideen. A Lego horse would be alright but I suppose it would take a little modification. I'd love to see a pic of the Kubrick horse that cdubya mentioned. At the end of the day, I think it'll be easier to find an in-scale horse for Clint than it seems to be to find an in-scale motorcycle for Ghost Rider!

I cant wait to get these. I love the old Eastwood films. I hope these do well enought to warrant a "Hang Em High" wave

Oh heck yeah! Or even "High Plains Drifter". I'm really hoping that we at least get the whole "Dollar Trilogy". What is the deal with DST releasing the "second" film mates first? Now more than ever, I'm bugg'in for an "Ask Chuck" explanation! Ironically, many of the same actors are featured in the three films (as different characters though). Still, I hope that this isn't just a "one-off", and they chose FaFDM to represent all three. That, and I'm having a hard time breaking each film down to just four figures (six would be better, but then again, it would be a whole wave of an on-going series).

I've never seen this movie, but I am a fan of Westerns and will definately pick these up. Can't wait to see what they actually look like.

I've never seen this movie, but I am a fan of Westerns and will definately pick these up. Can't wait to see what they actually look like.

If you like westerns and have never seen this film I suggest you go rent it ASAP. It's Great film as well as a "tentpole" for the genre.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want these. I'm watching the movie now, and it's making me want them even more!

I hope they come with a horse and a whole selection of guns.

• 2 weeks later...