UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Scruffy, Drunken Tony Stark

You know what hyejinx1984? Never have I been so floored by a minimate designer. Your ability to capture the essence of a character and render it in minimate form is just phenomanal. Since day one when I saw your work I was like... "my god, this guy is gonna work for AA/DST one day." And I won't be surprized if they do contact you in the future to do freelance work for any one of their MM lines. You have the gift. Keep churning those designs out my friend, your artwork is a welcomed addition to this forum. Love the Ant-Men and Wasps. WHat do you have in store for us next?

P.S: If you still do requests, I'd love to see a classic Valkyrie from the Defenders.

Wow, I'm totally flattered and humbled. Thanks for all the compliments! I still think Fujis's Watchmen kick my ass, lol. Yea, i still need to post the "pieces" for these... any time I design a minimate, I design all the parts seperately too so it actually works AS a minimate, not just a drawing... you can see how things snap into place and all that. So I'll definately post ant-man with his mask off soon.

As for what's next, I was toying with the idea of doing some Earth X ones (specifically Cap, Daredevil, Spidersman and Iron Maiden). Also, getting away from Marvel for a bit, I was thinking of dong some Warcraft related ones just for the fun of it.

As for being hormone driven... guilty as charged. Hey, we're all boys...

I've gotta go with everyone else here. Your designs are top-notch. Personally, I love that 60s Wasp design. I want that as a figure... NOW!

Whoa, whoa, you didn't do Watchmen, did you? DID YOU? You can't hide them from me. I must see them. I love me my Watchmen.

It's funny cause most minimates don't have that shading on the figure, but now I feel like if I don't add it to my designs they don't seem complete.

The art style forces it. That custom is SWEET!!! Any chance of a piece by piece showing? I'm a tad confused about what works where. (That's important, as I may have to get it made into a custom.)

Sure, I keep all the seperate parts on different layers so i can take it apart easily. Here you go

irredeemableapart.jpg

Pieces: Helmet, Chest Plate, Wrists, and Belt. I didn't bother breaking up the body because I think we know how a standard minimate snaps together in terms of arms/legs, etc..

And, like I said, I havent done a face for it yet.

Just attached on the sides I figured, and to get real technical, I was figuring inside would be a thin posable rod (I'm not sure what material they use) wrapped in soft plastic... that way you could bend the antenae and pose it whatever way you want, the way it does in the comics.

• 3 months later...