UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NFL thread

Reideen1313

Holy Cow, last nights game was one of the worst and greatest games I've ever seen.

It had to happen, you've got to remember that this is Romo's 1st year as a starter. He is going to have days like last night, but in the end you can only hope that the team rallys around him and he doesn't lose those games. Last night didn't seem like that was the case, but never count your chickens. I don't have cable so I went to Friday's to watch the game. We were tempted to leave at the start of the 4th, but I just order dessert and decided to stick with it. Had I left I would have missed an impressive drive by Romo and an unbelievable kick (TWICE) by the rookie Folk. I'm glad I stayed.

I want to say first that I HATE the rule of calling time out right before the ball snaps. That is uncalled for and just unsportsmanlike. Sure, as of now, it's within the rules, but that doesn't make it good to do. I was disappointed with that call and lost respect for the Bills who had actually gains my respect through the course of the game. In the end though, say what you will about Romo, it takes a certain type of player to be able to come back from 5 interceptions and trailing the whole game and then lead 2 sucessful drives to put your team in a place to win.

Now, it's back to next week. Like I said earlier, Game. Of. The. YEAR! Patriots at Cowboys, both undefeated. The Patriots are going to be a heavy favorite, but after last nights game the Cowboys are going to want to prove they are for real. That all makes for an awesome match up. Can't wait! neo

• 1 month later...
And Peyton picked my Bucs apart. :( 'sok. This week I expect to see Tampa pick up a new running back and we'll be back to take on the Titans! :D

No offense, but nothing would make me happier than to see the Bucs lose every game for the rest of the season. . .because the 'Aints need all the help they can get to reach the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...
And Peyton picked my Bucs apart. :( 'sok. This week I expect to see Tampa pick up a new running back and we'll be back to take on the Titans! :D

No offense, but nothing would make me happier than to see the Bucs lose every game for the rest of the season. . .because the 'Aints need all the help they can get to reach the playoffs.

In honor of today's HUGE win (with our 3rd string qb and 3rd string rb....oh and without our starting left tackle...) I've replaced my avatar. :biggrin:

We now own the division IF we beat Houston next week. Playoffs here we come!!

One of the things I really appreciate about Saints fans is how decent they are. Unlike other fans of teams the Bucs have played this year *cough* Detroit, Atlanta to name a couple *cough* Saints fans didn't descend on the Bucs message board en masse to talk smack and then disappear the day after the game. Saints fans were on the board, wishing everyone a good game before and accepting the defeat like true fans.

Thumbs up to all the Saints fans here. You guys are really a classy bunch. I can't wait to play you again next year.

BTW, speaking of Detroit, how dumb does their draft of Calvin Johnson INSTEAD of Adrian Peterson look now? :D

In response to your post Reideen 1313, speaking as a Saints fan for many years, I, like Giuliani, will root for the Bucs in the playoffs since they are a division rival, and since they are an underdog just like us (frankly, no one is going to expect the Bucs to get past Dallas or Green Bay, but I would sure like to see Garcia et al. whoop up on Romo, Owens, and the rest of those cocky bums). I also have a connection with Favre (he QB'd at my alma mater), but apart from that, I hope the Bucs do well. The Saints were out-played and out-coached yesterday. I think it was a good win for Tampa Bay that should make those fans feel pretty positive about their team. But, of course, I really hope that the Saints can get their act together next year. . .and then take Tampa Bay down :) !

Also, please don't mention stupid draft choices. . .did you see who the Saints got this year? We sure needed another wide receiver with our first pick :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for tommorow's face-off with the Patriots and Jets, gonna be good! Also nxt Sunday when the Patriots go

agianst the (sucky) Miami Dolphins. I know this might sound wierd from a Floridian, but my allience is with the Patriots.

PATRIOTS FTW!!!

No doubt. They're one of my 5 losses in my pick'em league. Bad day for me in that regard - I've slipped from 2nd to 3rd place out of about 500 participants in my area. I'm not doing that well nationally - #1092 out of 112,000 players. :(

Good thing my Bucs won today or I'd be in a really bad mood. Btw - if you want to see a piece of NFL/Bucs history, check out this kickoff return for a TD.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80525966

• 1 month later...
I'm always amused that it's called a world championship when no other country plays the sport. ;)

T.

It could be worse. The WWF (pro wrestling) used to have a title called the "European Championship." The first winner of that title was a guy from the UK (Davey Boy Smith--the British Bulldog), but after that, pretty much every holder was from the U.S. or Canada, I believe. And it was first won in Europe, but after that, it was hardly ever defended in Europe, of course, since the WWF stays in the U.S. for the most part.

WOO Yeah Super Bowl baby! Way to Go Giants! That game was all about heart Did you see the look on the Patriots' faces they were not expecting that kind of intensity. Brady looked really frustrated most of the time. I Don't think he spent as much time on the turf all season. That last Giants drive that ended in the Plaxico Burress touchdown Wow....just wow :D