UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Giant Size X Men #1 Boxset

thebatman312

When I first started collecting minimates, I only wanted the DC mates because i'm mainly a DC fan. Then I was like well I love spidey and F4 so I'll collect those too, soon enough, I have almost every marvel mate and every DC mate made. But this particular set, I didn't want because (and yes you have permission to laugh at me) I thought giant size x men mates literally meant giant minimates, like the size of galactus and the sentinel. But then I found out it's based off of the comic series, (I read a ton of comics, but never got into x men), I was really upset that I did not have these . So anyway back to the point, I have a chance of getting this set for $25 plus $6.50 shipping when I first started collecting mates back in april/may, but I passed. Now that I realize they are normal mates I want them and I can't find this set anywhere! Is this a rare set or am I just not looking hard enough?

yeah its rare, however all of them (except the native American whos name slips me at the moment), were released into the target waves, to make them a little easier to find

hmm. I did not know that, I will have to take a look online to see if I can find those packs. I do know that thunderbird is up for bids right now on ebay. Cool, thanks for the info!

I paid 35$ dollars for mine almost two years ago and at the time felt like that was a good deal for all the other auctions I watched before buying. I have a target here locally and searched for those mates in the 2 pk form at Target and never found some cause I really wanted another Nightcrawler but oh well! Good hunting!

I paid like $70 cad for that boxset from a local comic shop I didn't know any better I later found out how badly I got ripped off :angry: so now I don't buy anything there anymore unless I can't find it anywhere else or it's on sale :tongue: .
JESUS man! that is way overpriced. I would go to like 15-20 solely for thunderbird though, if it was if good condition. I want him soooooo

...I can use him as warpath :D

JL's bang on the money with his comment... I was going to post earlier and say that the average price these days seems to have settled at $40 for the set.

With time though I can see that drifting up slowly as Thunderbird is not available anywhere else.

T.

It's a nice set but definitely "of its time". I think it's one of those sets that has a real vibe about it (6 members of a team, the artwork etc) but if you've come into Minimates from the DC waves you may well be disappointed.

It's a nice set but definitely "of its time". I think it's one of those sets that has a real vibe about it (6 members of a team, the artwork etc) but if you've come into Minimates from the DC waves you may well be disappointed.

I consider it the best box set so far. The Defenders set may give it a good run for the money though.