UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Zombie 5 pack

TM2 Dinobot

Here's my 2 cents on this boxed set.

Col. America: Best of the bunch! Love the sculpted head and agree that it could have only been pulled this way what with his exposed brain and all. 10/10

Spider-Man: Second best. I like the way the costume is painted red but not the way DST/ AA used red plastic with painted flesh for the head. It's just distracting to me personally. Why not just use red paint for the whole MM. Bonus for the exposed bones. 9/10

Powerman: Tied for second place with Spidey. Simple and effective. Love the way you can remove his left arm to recreate his side getting blasted off in the comic. Love the exposed ribs. 9/10

Hulk: Love the new hair and I can only assume that we will see it again on the Hulk that comes in the Defenders 4 pack. I agree that DST/AA should have kept the original big chest piece (minus the shoulder pads) instead of the new "CHEST CUBE". It makes him look to boxy and not muscular enough.I don't like the belt line around these new chest cubes either. Make a belt or paint one on the crotch piece. On a plus note, the paint job is phenomenal. Great detail. 7.5/10

Wolverine: Worst of the lot! I had high hopes for the new cowl, but it failed miserably. From the proto pics I assumed it would have looked like the new Batman "full face" cowl (painted on facial features). But alas no. The fact that the eyes are painted on really make them jut out from the rest of the face. That combined with the fact that the mask sits REALLY high on the face also adds to it's awkwardness. Glad to see the flared boots back and that they've been improved (sculptwise) . The chest piece is an unnecessary addition ( makes him too bulky). As with the Hulk's chest cube, Wolvie's belt is attached to the chest piece making his lower half look really teeny. 3/10

Wasp's head: Great accessory. To bad the hair piece didn't peg in to the head like other minimates. 8/10 (for a head)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say it again because no else seems to care. The hulks chest being a cube is not nearly as crappy as the paint tampo they used instead of the comic accurate one from the prototypes. And the only problem with wolverine was that they didnt use a clear arm like they did with spideys leg. The plastics used may have some issues too, but other than that, These and the sdcc 2 pack are all have an incredible likeness to the comics and the covers in which they represent. I hate wolverine variants too, but this wolvering is a beautiful transfer of a picture to a 3d object. Maybe Im the only one that likes them because I've read every book they have shown up in.

The acolytes saved black panther who had the wasp's headwith him. The gave a him cybernetic limbs (which the mate will come with) and they gave the wasp a robot body where her head sits in a glass dome at the top. Theres a lot of backstory to read now before marvel zombies 2 in october.

When I ordered mine from AFX, I ordered the zombie 5-pack, the daredevil and giant-man 2-pack, the black panther and iron man 2-pack, AND the USA Agent and Taskmaster 2-pack all at once. The USA Agent and Taskmaster one doesn't come out til december... does that mean they won't ship any of this stuff until then????

:(

When I ordered mine from AFX, I ordered the zombie 5-pack, the daredevil and giant-man 2-pack, the black panther and iron man 2-pack, AND the USA Agent and Taskmaster 2-pack all at once. The USA Agent and Taskmaster one doesn't come out til december... does that mean they won't ship any of this stuff until then????

:(

I can't speak specifically about AFX's preorders as I've only got the Defenders preordered from them. I know Stuckakid will let me know when individual items I've preordered have arrived and they'll allow me to ship them individually or in bulk (like I'm doing with the current releases - I'm expecting almost 40 mates in one nice box next week...) to save on shipping. I would suggest emailing AFX to ask what your options are. They're a good site to deal with, I've gotten responses back from them within 24 hours in the past on items I've ordered from them.

A question for those of you buying these & haven't read the books they're based on: why are you buying them? Is it because they're zombie-fied versions of the characters? Is it because they're minimates and you must feed your addiction? Or, is it something else entirely? Just curious is all.

Usually they ship what they have in stock then send the rest out as it comes in. Meaning you shouldn't get BP/IM and US.A/TM till Dec when they come out, But the 2 Zombie packs ship now.

Rei, I bought mine for 2 reasons. They were Minimates which my store normally never stocks, and for Zombie Spidey and Cap. Like I said, I would have been happy with a 2 pack of those two.

For those of you who have read the books: is Wasp alive? Er, well, as alive or undead as a zombie can be? Is she a functioning character? If so, the zombies set is really a 6-pack, now isn't it? :)

Yeah, in a zombified sort of way, Wasp is still alive. She was for the most part unscathed as far as damage goes until she got in a spat with Giant Man over Black Panther. He proceeded to bite her head off (literally) only to later find her as just a head being toted by the damaged Black Panther. She is in fact a functional character, as in her decapitated state, she still managed to kill someone later in the series.

A question for those of you buying these & haven't read the books they're based on: why are you buying them? Is it because they're zombie-fied versions of the characters? Is it because they're minimates and you must feed your addiction? Or, is it something else entirely? Just curious is all.

I was wondering the same thing. I mean, if you've read the series, there really CANNOT be any gripes at all about the extra spidey/wolvie variant now floating around in circulation, because they are two of the main characters. I really need an ash to make him fight my zombies =) and maybe some marvel WEREWOLVES!

I haven't read this series, but I really want to. Is it out as one big book yet? After seeing these pics I really want these Zombies and what ever others I can get my hands on.

I was wondering the same thing. I mean, if you've read the series, there really CANNOT be any gripes at all about the extra spidey/wolvie variant now floating around in circulation, because they are two of the main characters. I really need an ash to make him fight my zombies =) and maybe some marvel WEREWOLVES!

Well, main character or not, it doesn't change the fact that Wolverine sucks. The fact that he's getting only 2's and 3's seems to back that up.

APE-VENGERS!

Well, main character or not, it doesn't change the fact that Wolverine sucks. The fact that he's getting only 2's and 3's seems to back that up.

I haven't got my hands on the mates yet, and he doesn't look that great in retrospect. but initially I was hearing alot of griping about ANOTHER spidey/wolvie. given a good share of it wasn't from anyone on here... I just finally was like "!" haha

For me, it was a few things:

1) I love all things Minimates and I really liked the overall look of these guys.

2) I don't have a 2.

3) I love superheroes. I'm not really so much a big fan of zombies. However, zombies with super powers? Now you've got my attention.

4) I was very curious to see the new things they were trying with this set (i.e. clear parts to simulate missing flesh, sculpted Colonel America head, etc.)

Funny thing about the Fantastic Four in zombie form is that they don't ever appear in the Marvel Zombies original mini-series. They ported out before the mini starts, though they do play a somewhat pivotal role in the one shot prequel. Still, considering they were the bridge to the zombieverse, they should get their own minimate representation.

The minimate does, if that's what you meant.

They should not have gone with a huge chest peice.

And what's with belts being attached to the chest peices?

Wolverine is muscular, but he's not as big as this minimate makes him look.

Plus, the mask is high up on the face, so it looks rediculous.

Hating this Wolvie.

I didn't get the first series I thought it looked cool but I'm getting a little more conservative with the comics I purchase because I fall behind in reading. Having said that when pictures of these minimates came out I thought they were cool plus I had to get them cause they're minimates and because they were cool, minimates, and Zombies. I immediately regretted not getting the comics. I was able to get Dead days and Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness(really cool) and I'm going to look into getting the orginal series but I'm not to hopeful though on account of there current popularity. So basically the minimates piqued my interest in the comics.

"Well, main character or not, it doesn't change the fact that Wolverine sucks. The fact that he's getting only 2's and 3's seems to back that up."

That has nothing to do with wolverine. And, that is a close minded thing to say. We are all here because we like minimates. not to dog eachother and what others like. Good job.

Like I said when I first signed up, Ive been on here reading posts for quite a while, I just never had the means to interact until now. Ive probably been on here as long as you. So have a little respect for others.

"Well, main character or not, it doesn't change the fact that Wolverine sucks. The fact that he's getting only 2's and 3's seems to back that up."

That has nothing to do with wolverine. And, that is a close minded thing to say. We are all here because we like minimates. not to dog eachother and what others like. Good job.

Like I said when I first signed up, Ive been on here reading posts for quite a while, I just never had the means to interact until now. Ive probably been on here as long as you. So have a little respect for others.

I can't see where TM2's comments were aimed at any one person in particular. He was just expressing a point of view. Not insisting he was right.

:thumbsup:

I CANT WAIT TO GET MINE AFTER SEEING

ALL THESE COOL PICS THAT GO OVER EVERY

DETAIL.

THE MAIL NEEDS TO BE FASTER :sad:

Please don't post in Capital Letters all the time. It really isn't the done thing anywhere.