UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 16 images and review

die_fliedermaus

I got these yesterday at lunch time from my LCS... and they were as good as I could have hoped. Thor is just excellent. I'm very pleased with how he turned out. Loki too. I wasn't nerarly as excited about Loki initially but after getting him in my hands, he may be my second most favorite Mate in the wave.

The other 4 were great too. I especially appreciate the fact that they made a new head piece for the Scarlet Witch. It looks really nice.

The paint apps are great, and all 6 figures in the wave are well finished and look awesome.

I can't wait for Hawkeye and Vision now, so we're closer to completing the classic Avengers. Bring on a Giant Man, Black Panther, Wasp, Kang, etc, etc.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This set rocks the house. Many of my mini dreams come true! Thor, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Not many classic avengers left to mate

Wasp

Giant man/yellow jacket/ant man

Black Panther

Swordman

Mantis

Throw in a Black Knight and Black Widow and we'd be all set.

A niced themed box set of Black Panther, Knight, Widow and Black Bolt should be made. The packaging would be orange just to be ironic-like.

I just got my new set from stuckakid.com in the mail, including the variant thor. I love them so much, they are amazing. Except the bar that she-hulk had doesn't even fit in her hands, it's too big! But, oh well, I still love them!

This set rocks the house. Many of my mini dreams come true! Thor, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Not many classic avengers left to mate

Wasp

Giant man/yellow jacket/ant man

Black Panther

Swordman

Mantis

Throw in a Black Knight and Black Widow and we'd be all set.

A niced themed box set of Black Panther, Knight, Widow and Black Bolt should be made. The packaging would be orange just to be ironic-like.

As a hardcore X-Men fan, who doesn't know a whole ton about the Avengers, other than when they cross into the X-Men, I'd have to say I would think Black Widow and Black Knight would both be higher on that list than Swordsman and Mantis... I'd also put Tigra before them... just because she gained more notoriety from the cartoon series a few years back.

Those two I've heard of... as big headliner types... Swordsman and Mantis I just kinda go "Who?" (I've heard the names, but know diddly about them beyond that)

Then again, there are probably scrub X-Men I'd love to see made long before Havok and Polaris, who are already in production... so to each his own. :)

I just got my wave 16 marvel mates and I'm pretty jazzed. The only problem is that the Bearded Thor package was double taped ie taped and than opened and taped over the broken tape. I was a little curious about this thinking it may have been opened by my lcs but I went to another comic store and bought another bearded Thor and it was the same way. I don't like opening my minimates ( I will someday) anyways it may not seem like a big deal, but if you guys could check yours and let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

I took a closer look at the boxes and it appears as though the first peice of tape is still intact. For some reason they taped it twice on one side on both boxes. hmmphf

Yes I do there are to comic shops in my town that carry them one I get a deal at the other is horribly over priced but I went there today to get a copy of New X Men #40 (sold out everywhere else) and they just happened to be having a sale. The 2 pack still cost me $13 even after 30% off but meh :geek:

I finally got wave 16 from my LCS and I was severely disappointed. Where there should have been a Thunderstrike was just another Thor...damn factory mistakes! I asked my LCS to contact DST to see if they could get a replacement. Fingers crossed!

I finally got wave 16 from my LCS and I was severely disappointed. Where there should have been a Thunderstrike was just another Thor...damn factory mistakes! I asked my LCS to contact DST to see if they could get a replacement. Fingers crossed!

Are you saying that the box had a bearded Thor on it, but contained a normal Thor, or that the case contained no variant pack at all?

If it's the 1st one, that could be factory error, but if it's the second one I'd say it's far more likely that the comic book store just pulled it and/or switched it, and either kept it for an employee or sold it to someone else.

And I's say it's unlikely you'll get a replacement. For replacement purposes, the variant and the regular are usually considered the same thing. I one got a broken variant Spider-Woman/Spider-Carnage, and they just sent me a regular Spider-Woman/Spider-Carnage...

So I doubt you'll get one, but hey, who know. *Shrug*

Bearded THor is not Thunderstrike... at least I don't think so (even though Thunderstrike does, indeed, have a beard).

Of course it's Thunderstrike, why they chose not to name him properly is beyond me but I'm not calling him 'bearded Thor'...

Edit: actually it's probably because they didn't want to make the Thunderstrike mace so they had to call him Bearded Thor or the fans would lose their minds.

If you were kind of bummed by the lack of knee-articulation with Thor because of his boots, then keep reading.

If you cut the back top ridge of the boot off then the knee joint can move in the full range of motion. Just carefully cut the top black line off the back of the boots and you'll have it.

I thought you guys might like to know. Thor went from my favorite to my absolutely favorite now that he can move his knees fully. It's awesome and really improves the figure.

Bearded THor is not Thunderstrike... at least I don't think so (even though Thunderstrike does, indeed, have a beard).

Of course it's Thunderstrike, why they chose not to name him properly is beyond me but I'm not calling him 'bearded Thor'...

Edit: actually it's probably because they didn't want to make the Thunderstrike mace so they had to call him Bearded Thor or the fans would lose their minds.

For some reason I was under the impression that this was the "King Thor" version from after Odin died and Thor took his fathers place. Doesn't thunderstrike have like a long pony tail and dress a little more like Ultimate Thor with a brown jacket? (Why did so many 90's characters have brown jackets??? lol)

For some reason I was under the impression that this was the "King Thor" version from after Odin died and Thor took his fathers place. Doesn't thunderstrike have like a long pony tail and dress a little more like Ultimate Thor with a brown jacket? (Why did so many 90's characters have brown jackets??? lol)

Everyone's right! Bearded Thor came from here:

post-66-1188849837_thumb.jpg

The story goes like this - Through a complex scheme by Loki, Thor had been banished and his power went to the ordinary man he was merged with, Eric Masterson. Not wanting to be mistaken for the real Thor, Eric had a new costume made and struggled to live up to Thor's reputation. Eventually, Thor returned and reclaimed his power. Odin gave Eric a new enchanted mace and became Thunderstrike, complete with 90s-riffic costume.

post-66-1188849869_thumb.jpg

I like the Eric Masterson Thor Minimate, but I would have loved to have the Walt Simonson battle-armor Thor as the variant.

post-66-1188849849_thumb.jpg

The mask and beard are the look of the Eric Masterson version of Thor who later became Thunderstrike. I found an old set of Marvel cards and the Thor card looked like the bearded Thor minimate.