UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 16 images and review

die_fliedermaus

Question: Does Quicksilver's hair piece have a peg in it?

I can see the peg in Wonderman's hair, which tells me that it is a new sculpt. These latest minimates seem to be trying to reinvent the wheel. Zombie Daredevil had a new sculpt of the exact same mask we've seen before and a new sculpt for his sticks as well. It seems that She Hulk's hair has a peg added to it too. Odd that they would retool a mold but leave the lightning bolt earring on.

He did? Are there any pictures available to show it?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely pics and review!

Shame we cant rely on MMC to review these anymore... ;)

Well talk about make yourself an easy target :P:D

Retooling to add pegs to the hair/hats doesn't strike me as being that hard, find appropriate piece in the mold and drill where you need the peg :| Of course that's just my way of thinking, it might not be that simple.

T.

Retooling to add pegs to the hair/hats doesn't strike me as being that hard, find appropriate piece in the mold and drill where you need the peg :| Of course that's just my way of thinking, it might not be that simple.

I had wondered about that too. From an outsider's perspective, it seems it would be either ridiculously easy, or ridiculously hard. Easy if all that needs to be done is drilling a hole. Hard if you have to re-sculpt the entire piece. If the new piece did require a new sculpt, then you're wasting resources redoing a part that works fine to begin with. Ultimate Storm's hairpiece and Daredevil's mask never had any real problems with falling off.

Of course, for all I know, the parts are molded off of a blank minimate that's crammed into a machine somewhere. If that's the case, the AA/DST team may be just as surprised as we are that these parts have pegs in them now.

Nice i Review im thinkin when i get mine Wonderman is gonna get Bruce Waynes hair as i think it will suit the character more

Yeah, that was my plan also and the guys confirming the head has a female peg slot is good news and will improve this minimate tremendously.

I'm also thinking about swapping out Thor's tiny face and replacing that with Aquaman's and seeing how it looks. Either him or Cap series 11. Also wondering what Thor will look like with Raft Sentry's / Sabretooth's hair.

It's a pity the DC and Marvel mates can't share moulds more effectively ( or can they? ) as some pieces are ideal for both companies characters. Spectre's cape would be far better for Taskmaster than Dr. Doom's version.

soooo.

i guess the figures are not out in the east coast yet?

i saw them in my local comic store (in Cali), but they dont have the whole set, so i didnt get it there.

i went home and got them on this ebay store... i already paid for it...

but then they said it's still a pre-order coz they said it's not being released yet... and that store is in NY... or somewhere in the East side...

can anyone confirm this? or did i just get shafted?

i mean, I WANT MY THOR DAMNIT

Thanks a million for the great pics Lobsterman, now I can salivate for a week until they get to the East. I love them, and think that Quicksilver is going to give Thor a "run" for his money to be my favorite new mate.

minor side note.....you guys have no idea how frustrated I was yesterday not to see any close up pics with the parts taken off....big sigh of relief, but still waiting to see some of bearded thor

oh yeah, my use for the ponytail will be going on Buzzer, one of the dreadnoks in G.I. Joe :P

Storm 1:08 is helping me out with this set (minus the so-so variant) since my comic shop dropped the ball.

From the pictures these look absolutely wonderful and I plan on buying extra sets later on down the line like I do with DCD's when I can afford it.

These look so GREAT I can't take it. I'm really dying to get ahold of 'em.

And those legs/arms on Loki look like a surefire fix to a Classic Vision.

... if only we didn't have to wait so long for that set!

In the nicest way possible, I'm so jealous of all of you who have these.

sorry to everyone who I led to believe that these got delayed. I didnt think that my super reliable shop just didnt get them yet. I cant wait to have them and Im going to take a bunch of pics for people.

Also, scarlet with is wearing a hobbit cape. You can see the lothlorien leaf on it. nice reuse I think.

Okay, here's my review:

I don't know what it is, but since the X-Men 3 wave, whatever AA did to the hair accessories has SUCKED! all my characters hair barely stays on, unlike my New X-Men Phoenix who's hair is pretty solidly attached. The mates look cool, true, but it's just annoying all the accesories are so loose. And what is up with the handheld stuff. She-Hulk's bar keeps popping out of her hand, and Wanda's Hex bolt wont stay on unless I have her aiming upward. Same thing with Loki's chalice. Thor's Hammer is the only thing that stays put.

I got my set today in the mail from Storm 1:08 and they're so excellent! It's hard to believe they're finally out. A little sticky tack on the hairpeices keep those from being too loose and a sword from Aragorn in the LOTR stuff makes Loki look even cooler. A Tony Stark hairpeice on Wonder Man and a New Avengers Cap head on Thor fits the bill, as does a black torso under Thor's chestpeice all sum it up nicely. The only complaint I have is Wanda's hex-bolt being too loose.

Heck, I even made some teeny-tiny scratches on one side Thor's hammer so that it'd look more like his with the words on it!