UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rocky 3 Minimates ?

Anyone heard if we'll be getting Rocky 3 Minimates? I was hoping we'd see some protos by now.

I Want a Hulk Hogan and a 2" Mr T Minimate to pity all the 2" fools.

Anyone heard if we'll be getting Rocky 3 Minimates? I was hoping we'd see some protos by now.

I Want a Hulk Hogan and a 2" Mr T Minimate to pity all the 2" fools.

My guess is DST is probably waiting to see how sales for Rocky 1&2 do, if tey do well then we'll see Rocky 3 mates.

T.

• 5 months later...

Didn't DST hint in the last Q&A that the Rocky minimates weren't selling as well as they had hoped? I don't mean to be such a downer, because I really want a Clubber Lang and Thunderlips myself. I'm already singing "Eye of the Tiger".

Some Rocky III mates would be sweet, i want a Apollo Creed in a suit.

I, too, am more amped about figures from parts 3 and 4. I liked the first two sets just fine, but 3 and 4 had some great stuff going on. I'm really hoping that these sets come out; if they don't, the Rocky 'Mates will feel incomplete like Lord of the Rings and Street Fighter.

I wouldn't mind them, but I think that everybody overestimated the interest in Rocky as a whole, larger figures are shelfwarming everywhere down here. You can see how they tried to milk by going for the whole franchise, but the interest lived and died on back of recent movie and another instance of movie mates out after the movie had come and gone.

Anybody know what issue of Toyfare has the Rocky III and Platoon MiniMates pictures? :blink:

Issue 128 pg37. ( and Silence of the lambs and FFoD & G,B & Ugly - man with no name stuff on pg 40)

If no one gets pix up by tomorrow I'll think about scanning my copy ;)

T.

Anybody know what issue of Toyfare has the Rocky III and Platoon MiniMates pictures? :blink:

Issue 128 pg37. ( and Silence of the lambs and FFoD & G,B & Ugly - man with no name stuff on pg 40)

If no one gets pix up by tomorrow I'll think about scanning my copy ;)

T.

dam maybe after my surgery I should attempt a stop at the comic shop to pick this up...it'll still be another month before my subscription issue gets to me

Jeff of the Miniacs

I can get pics up tonight if the LCS has a copy of ToyFare.

Edit: No pics yet, but I can tell you what they have.

For Platoon, you have Sgt Elias Grodin, Pvt "Gator" Lerner, Pvt Chris Taylor, and Sgt Bob Barnes

For Rocky III, you have Apollo in some orange collared shirt, Clubber Lang in white and silver, with a sculpted mini mohawk thing, Rocky in red white and blue with title belt around his waist, and Thunderlips with pimp hat, robe, title belt, and apparently no pants on, as he seems to have the flesh colored waist.

For Good, Bad, & Ugly, you have Showdown Blondie (poncho thrown over shoulder), Angel Eyes in gray with gun tucked in front of belt, Blondie (gray coat and hat), and Tuco in brown with no hat, but the face is spot on.

And they also show Fistful of Dollars and Silence of the Lambs, but we've seen those photos.

Funny thing is they have Showdown Blondie saying, "Ha! I've got the tallest hat on this page!" to which Angel Eyes responds, "What's your secret, Blondie? Are you stuffin'?"