UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 16 Next Week??

thebatman312

So according to DST, Wave 16 is coming out on the 22nd. Is that right? I really hope so, I cannot wait for this wave. It's gonna feel so good to have an actual marvel wave finally come out!

is was told the 29th for a UK release and we tend to get thing a week later then the US but thats a wednesday and UK comic shops get theirs on the thursday so it might be the 29th

how am i supposed to get all these new minimates in my house without my GF seeing them and doing here tank???

LOL

its probably a British thing :captainbritain2:

you know, doing her tank, having a benny, goin off on one, that sort of thing.

Basically moaning about bloke things (IE minimates all over the house)

but i think this might be going :offtopic: so i'll stop now

"Doing her tank?" Ha ha ha, I like that one, and I'd never heard it before, either. I'm curious about the roots of it, though. :-)

Anyway, I'd be delighted to finally get some Marvel 'Mates. I've only had the preview pack (which I got late) and SDCC Zombies to tide me over since DC 4. I'm starting to jones over here. I even have the spot reserved for them...

Yeah... that'd be cool.

Frankly, I rely on this forum heavily to get variant minimates. My comic book store is always VERY prompt with new toys... they get them the week they're released, and they don't put them out 'til Wednesday with all the new stuff... and since I'm on the east coast, we always get them a week later than the west coast, so as long as the west coast people post here when they got them, I always get them a week later, and as long as I show up 1st thing Wednesday morning at 10, I always get the variant.

So it's a fun time.

PS. Did anyone else notice that Wave 16 (Avengers) is dated this month but Wave 15 (Ghost Rider) is dated for October? Either these dates are incorrect, or they're pushing wave 15 back for some reason... maybe because by now everyone has lost interest in the Ghost Rider movie... (which already had lackluster appeal even when it was new) perhaps they're trying to sneak it out with the Spider-Man Movie Mates (which will sell well regardless of how long the movie has been out, because younglings gobble Spidey up)

they should have had blackheart from the end of the movie instead of the human one.

So starting with the avengers next wednesday, we are scheduled to have 3 straight weeks of new minimates, how is no one talking about this?

avengers - 8/22

marvel zombies - 8/29

dc wave 5 - 9/5

Im going to explode. I guess it has been cooler for me though. My shop I frequent went to sdcc and ordered an assload of the zombie 2 pack, and I got two of them for only 5.99 this week, so its 4 weeks of minis for me. plus today Im going to pick up the other two sets from dc wave 4 that I couldnt afford when they came out.

Ughh... The Avengers 'mates would come out the week I start back at school, where there are NO comic book stores in the area, yet when I'm home all summer nothing new comes out on the Marvel side. So I'm gonna have to buy them thru eBay and pay too much and get screwed on shipping...

I think the Minimates gods hate me... <_<

just the marvel minimates god.

haha. the marvel minimate god must hate us all. the last wave of marvel mates hit store almost a year ago now. jeez.

Uh, actually the X-men 3 mates hit in March. ;)

lol I guess I just wrote those off. I don't like movie mates. I don't know about anyone else, but I would much rather have new COMIC characters than movie versions of figures that have already been made. plus I play with mine, so like... the mates wouldn't look quite the same lol

My weekly email from my comic shop has Wave 16 listed. So it seems that it'll start hitting shops this week for the west coast and then next week for the rest of the US. Hope you guys are getting ready for the Avengers!

They're hitting the west coast first!? What kind of lame-duck deal is that? I have to wait yet ANOTHER week for the Avengers... Grrrr.

They're hitting the west coast first!? What kind of lame-duck deal is that? I have to wait yet ANOTHER week for the Avengers... Grrrr.

Unfortunately, it’s always been like this for all minimates. Only exception are DC minimates because, I assume, DC Direct handles that stuff themselves.

An example is last week, the west coast got the BSG Series 2, ST:TOS Series 1, and Rocky 1 Boxed Set. Now this week, they are going to hit the rest of the country. In fact, those are listed this week on diamond's shipping list but weren't for last week. So still lots of minimate goodness coming your way this week. :thumbsup:

At least we east coasters are gettin' 3 straight weeks of minimates.

* BSG, ST TOS and Rocky this week.

* Marvel wave 16 AVENGERS next week

* DC wave 5 two weeks from now.

I'd say they are spaced out very nicely.