UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hydroman problem

Dude

Wondering if anyone else had issues with the exclusive hydroman in the Spider-man box set. The problem I had is when I moved, or tried to move his arms, the left one broke off. The other wasn't very mobile either. I've since gotten a replacement set and haven't tried to move the arms, since they also seem very stiff. Is it just me?

I had the same problem with my Hydroman. One arm was very stiff, but finally was able to move. The other was just too stiff and broke off at the joint. I sent DST an email a couple of weeks ago and I did receive a replacement last week. This does seem to be a real problem and I hope you get a replacement too.

How long did it take for them to write you back?

I wrote them yesterday but haven't heard anything yet.

-Matt

I wrote yesterday as well and haven't heard. I'm thinking a few days to a week. They were just in San Diego, so maybe things are slow this week.

Yea, the arm on my sandman broke off, took it back to get it replaced. In general, most of the minimates from the last few waves have been EXTREMELY stuff and easily broken... I'm not sure why this is.

Chuck answered a question related to this at the SDCC panel as reported on by Storm 1:08

Q: The issue of Nightcrawler’s stiff joint was mentioned and the question that was asked was how to loosen a figure that has a similar problem?

A: First of all, the prototype uses an acrylic based paint. The factory uses a petroleum based oil so the quality is a little different once the figure comes back from the factory. Sometimes, the factory is just overwhelmed and makes figures too quickly and the paint goes into joints. There was no specific trick that they knew would be 100%, but suggested to go online forums where they have many helpful tips regarding these issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...