Warbird/Ultron

Mysterio/Spidey

Variant: Defenders Archangel/Apocalypse

20:

Vision/Hawkeye

Havok/Polaris

Smart Hulk/Abomination

Variant: Phasing Vision/Hawkeye

Or do you guys think the Angels are the other way around?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD-GOD-A-MIGHTY!!!

My favorite Avenger, Hawkeye, finally here! My most-wanted Spider-Foe, Mysterio, finally here! Plus three other additional villains! And so many other crucial characters coming along with them, to boot. If only the licensing issues with minis over 2 inches could be resolved, but that's a tale for another time.

All I need now is a few more characters here and there... a classic Black Panther... Pyro... a blue-mask costume Shadowcat... Wolfsbane (not much chance, I know, but still)... some more random villains... and most importantly, a Gambit to finally go along with my Rogue. Then I'll be nearly all set, and can be reasonably content with the Marvel portion of my collection.

I'm very excited for these next two waves.

Joy. What did I tell you, New X-men Phoenix hair and Dark Phoenix belt equals Ms. Marvel!

and given Taskmaster sporting a bow, easy to guess Hawkeye would be along.

But yeah, it's another Wave 16 style fan-fest. This... THIS is the kind of varied character line-ups we like DST :)

Alright...

After looking at the better pics, I've gotta say that I don't like the new "Sculpted" chest at all. Like Boyd said, they look too Kubricky...

Other than that, they're awesome.

Thanks DST!

Obviously, great minds think alike. I'll have to start working on slogans to promote the cause of non-sculpted Minimate chests. How about "Make My Minimates Smooth!"

I gotta say... just like most people, I like these waves overall... lots of new characters is always awesome.

I always love new X-Men, so Havok, Polaris, Archangel, Apocalypse. Woo-hoo!

Reason I post however is, I'm a bit (just a bit) upset with Archangel's variant...

If they were going to do a variant of Warren, I'd have prefered one with Peach Skin and Feathered wings, and one with Blue skin and Metal wings. That way, we get a mix and match of parts to play with.

As it stands, we just have 2 sets of metal wings now, and no normal Warren head to play with.

I realize a lot of people who got acquianted with the X-Men through the cartoon in the 90s love his hip jazzy "Death" costume, and I like it too, but both his original form AND his current form are with flesh-colored skin and feathers... I wants me a normal Warren too Dag'nabit. :(

The BEST option... I think, would be to release the Death version with 2 Heads, both of the heads currently displayed on the pair of Warrens that were shown. Because sometimes, we'd see Death without his Cowl, hair out, so both heads would actually work. Meanwhile, make the variant using the "Angel" costume body, with a flesh-colored head and feathered wings (mold stolen/modified from DC's Hawkgirl figure). Then we have all the parts we could possibly need to make everyone's favorite Warren. However, I don't think they will, because that would require changing the prototypes, using more molds, and a bigger plastic budget for the spare head... *Sigh* But it'd be cool if they did...

Oh well... can always hope that they'll release classic angel someday...

Wow.

That is the best Spider-Man yet in the 20 waves, and that saying something considering theres like 20 of him.

The wings on Angel, the big chest on the Hulk, Ultrons translucant eyes and mouth, Hawkeyes mask, and EVERTHING on Mysterio. I dont even know how to express the joy I get from looking at them.

I was hoping for a Jamie Madrox, but I guess Ill have to wait.

Alright...

After looking at the better pics, I've gotta say that I don't like the new "Sculpted" chest at all. Like Boyd said, they look too Kubricky...

Other than that, they're awesome.

Thanks DST!

Obviously, great minds think alike. I'll have to start working on slogans to promote the cause of non-sculpted Minimate chests. How about "Make My Minimates Smooth!"

"Block Not 'Brick!"

Wahoo! My first SDCC and minimates were everywhere!! I couldn't get enough of the Angel minimates and Vision was sweet! I took tons of photos (geeking out a bit).. looks like I'm a bit late to the party.. barely getting back to the room.

These are all looking really good, although add me to the list of disappointed about Angel and Vision (for the same reasons mentioned in previous posts). Here's hoping that a "normal classic" Angel might be released in the future (with flesh-tones and feathers. Bonus points if the variant is red/white!), we still need a "classic 616" Beast afterall. And "classic" phasing as the variant?!?...um O.K. (I guess we couldn't expect 100% perfect waves, but it'll do). What compensated for these "slights" for me personally, was the inclusion of Valkyrie in the Defenders 4-pack (total shock...in a great way!!). I never saw that coming! Great character choices over-all, despite the curious variant decisions.

Now we really need Tigra and Black Panther ones. I'm building my dream Avengers minimate line up, lol. I almost have everybody...

Yeah, I am a bit surprised that they didn't make the cut seeing how the parts are now available. Series 21-22 maybe?

the "phasing vision" is the version of vision in his "classic" unform, then????

From the cover of Young Avengers #1: "They're not what you think..."

The darker colored Vision is the Vision from Young Avengers! Vision 2.0!!! The other one is the normal Vision we all know and love. I don't know about the rest of you here, but I want me some more Young Avengers! Patriot, Iron Lad, Wiccan, Hulkling, Stature, Mockingbird/Hawkeye, Speed, everyone! Kang too!

New packaging, anyone? Otherwise the curvature of Archangel's wings'd pose a problem, I should think.

The wings are attached through ball joints so you can take them off. The'll fit somehow in the current packaging. The ball joints aren't attached to the back of the minimate, but like a belt attachment like Nightcrawler's tail. The back accessory goes from the pelvis to the neck. You can look more closely at Death Archangel and normal Archangel. I learn something new everytime I look at them. And I'm sorry about my fingerprints on the glass DST! They are just beautiful.

I'm already planning on taking the metal wings off Angel, putting a caucasian head with blone hair on him and figuring out some way to put extra Hawkman wings on there.

I really hope they do something about that classic Vision, though. That is some lousy shit if the classic version is the phasing one. Really shitty, that.

Also, that Namor... I'm trying to figure out a quick way to make a green-trunked version.

It looks like if you take off the vest and replace it with Ocean Masters belt, Dick Grayson Robin's crotch and legs and... what feet would make the painted Robin ones? I guess you could skip the Robin legs and use Gollum ones with the dirt cleaned off. But then the chest would be a painted skin with the legs a molded plastic skin tone? That wouldn't work right. Maybe use a cleaned up Gollum torso and arms as well and just replace most of the figure? The wings on the ankle parts could be cut off and carefully glued into a little whole you could cut in the feet very carefully.

Man, so close yet so far.

Also, that Namor... I'm trying to figure out a quick way to make a green-trunked version.

It looks like if you take off the vest and replace it with Ocean Masters belt, Dick Grayson Robin's crotch and legs and... what feet would make the painted Robin ones?

Just paint Namor's feet with a matching flesh-tone, that's what I plan on doing. That would be the easiest solution rather than shaving-off and re-attaching ankle wings. Oh, and don't forget to throw-in Aquaman's trident! I can't wait until this set comes out. I'm already beginning to track-down some extra packs for parts to fill-out my Defenders roster. First will be a Hellcat custom(still debating on whether to sacrifice my yellow-blank or completely paint an extra body), then Son of Satan, and then maybe Gargoyle and Nighthawk(once I figure-out how to effectively cobble them).

Something I just noticed after staring at these Minimate Central photos from SDCC. If you look close at the profile of Angel in the last photo(the one displaying the "Series # and est. date), he very defintitely appears to be sporting a "mask" with the long hair sculpted on. Is it possible that there may actually be a "normal" face under this "blue-skinned mask"? It appears to be a white chin peeking-out from under the mask, but who knows what it could be by production-time. It would be cool as Hell if he had a normal face (with a seperate hairpiece of course). If so, this might make him a bit more universal. However, there is still the issue of the metal-wings.

"Block Not 'Brick!"

I like it! I'll go great on t-shirts and bumper stickers!

My only concern out of everything shown so far is Spider-Man. Hopefully, with Torment Spider-Man and now this Ditko version, this isn't the start of artist specific costume designs. It wouldn't be so bad when the costume is changed significantly, like Cyclops has over the years, but when you just have different shades of red and blue with different styled white eyes, you essentially get the same Spider-Man. He's worn far too many costumes over the years for us to get the purple/blue New Avengers night time version, the heavy bold around the eyes McFarlane version, and the tiny eyes and more black than blue Ditko version.

First these new mates are freaking awesome.

What we've got is McFarlane, who was a HUGE fan favorite in the 90s (my personal favorite spidey artist) and now the Ditko Spidey, which is very similar to Finch since he started up the Ditko eyes again. These 2 artists are probably the most popular and that's why they've done miniate versions possibly. I'm not sure what other artist specific version you could do? You can argue Bagley is done with Ult Spidey.

Also I do not like the sculpted chests. They look like Kubricks now.

Thanks DST! Overall these are freaking awesome!