UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Stripping . . . .

Paint.

Sorry about the title, I just thought it would make more people look at this. lol.

How do you strip paint from a figure? Is there a certain substance that you use or what? I need to strip the paint from a Wolverine mask to repaint it, and a Sue Torso, to get rid of the fantastic 4 logo. Will this damage the figure, or can you still paint over it fine? Am I right in thinking that the Sue torso is blue plastic with Black and White paint on it? And the logo should be easy to remove.

Thanks guys.

I use acetone. It's a tricky process though. You'll need gloves(I use the yellow platex), and you'll have to dillute it w/water. Play with the ratio, experiment on an extra torso. Oh, and do in a well ventilated area, we don't need huffer addicts. :P:P

Anytime I need to remove tampos without damaging the plastic, I use Fingernail Polish Remover with a little water... Probably 3/4 FPR to 1/4 H2O... Work that onto the tampo with a cotton swab, and with a little elbow grease, the tampo will come right off... It'll seem like it isn't working for awhile, but once it starts to grab hold, the tampo will come right off....