UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Would DCD/AA make articulated MAX figures for the DC line?

hypno

I wonder if DCD/AA would make articulated MAX figures for the DC line. If they did who would you like to see them make?

My thinking is that if historical heroes like Sgt. Rock and Blackhawk keep getting made it would be neat if we could get an 8 inch Minimate style Anti-Monitor to be the centerpiece of a Crisis on Infinite Earths display.

This guy would look great and evil stomping through a Minimate filled LEGO city...

Anitmonitor.png

I'd love an Atom Smasher or Giganta, though I'd prefer the JLU cartoon version of her.

Rita Farr would be good as well.

Jo

Definitely Giganta, Maybe the baddie from Legion of Superheroes. (His name escapes me at the moment, He has his brain sticking out.)

You mean Validus? Good choice.

post-66-1183574374_thumb.png

I'd also love to see Chemo, as well as Giganta and Atom-Smasher.

Hmm...nothing immediately springs to mind for the MAX size. Certainly not like Galactus does for Marvel. I like what Heroclix did with the Sinestro construct, but I'm not sure something like that would be that great in Minimate form.

Even when I think of stuff like Atom Smasher (which I'd love), I really think that the 3 inch size would work for that. If there were something between the 3 inch and MAX, then that would be even better. MAX just seems a bit too big even for those giant characters.

I was also thinking that a Sinestro minimate max would be fantastic. Fantastic idea: there could be a normal minimate inside a minimate max. The chest would open so you could take him out. i would sooooooo buy that!

Those are all good suggetions. While I personally have a more difficult time coming-up with DC Max candidates than I would for say Marvel, I would gleefully support any and all provided that they are articulated. With the varying-scales of DCD 'mates, I see no reason why it couldn't be accomplished (if for no other reason than as a "smack-in-the-face" to Marvel's ridiculously-limited contract!). Hell, throw-in some vehicles as well (Javelin,anyone?)just to drive the dagger a bit deeper(hee,hee,hee)! Giganta and/or Atom Smasher would be my personal choices(perhaps boxed side-by-side with a 2.5" version of the same character with "growth-lines" connecting the two windows to simulate the size change).

I hope that WHEN they make a Darkseid he's the size of the Sauron minimate. Same goes with Kalibak.

While I'd probably be content with simply a 2.5" Darkseid and Kalibak, I must admit that a 3-4" Darkseid does sound really appealing! Kalibak is just fine (IMO) as a 2.5".

• 3 weeks later...

To tide me over until a MAX style Anti-Monitor is released I picked up the DC Direct version. Overall not bad but a Mini-max would look better.

COIE shots of the DC collection will look much more impressive, I'm thinking, say around series 12 or so.

up.jpg

down.jpg