UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My cool find

Chupathingy

Walking through my LCS today looking for any new Marvel Mini's I stumbled across something pretty interesting, a C3 mini Javelin. I thought the thing was rare from the bits and peices Ive heard around here, so I was kind of surprised by the price, $11.00. At first I thought it said $110.00, which wouldn't have surprised me since the store marks things up by insane amounts, like Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 2 figures for 3 or 4 times retail. Anyway, I had to buy the thing, if for no other reason than to get it from him before he realized what he had, and now Im not sure what Im going to do with it. How hard to find are these things? Did I get a good deal? Im not sure if I want to keep it or not since Im running out of room for my various collections, but like I said I just felt like I had to "rescue" the thing before he marked it up or someone else got it and threw it up on eBay. Anyway, thats my story for the day lol, thanks for listening to me ramble on.

Dude, Congrats.... a great find!!! it's always fun to find something at retail that they havent marked up to oblivion because they are clueless :)

You got a deal, on average those things go for $100-$250 on ebay so you lucked out.

I say hang onto it unless you need the cash as it's a great and rare piece for your collection and one that should give you a warm rosey glow :)

T.

Yeah! Good for you! And good for me, as I just scored an MIB batcycle off ebay!

Check out my haul over here!

Patriot

Wow, congrats on the find. That is a great deal. Personally I hate when shops mark up their stuff to crazy prices. I'd go with TBT's recommendation. Do you collect C3/DC minimates? Not sure how a serious collector you are. You can consider trading it for something you want. The last couple of Javelins I've seen have sold around $80+ .

I have about 4-5 Javelins and have a hard time considering to even sell them. I bought them as a crazed fan and not for the monetary value. I also believe that at some point, demand will go down as will the value. The GSXM boxsets went down a little after the Target release came out. The main peice in the Javelin set is Martian Manhunter. If DCD releases a MM, demand for the Javelin set might go down a little.

Very nice find. I just got back from the States with two new MIB Javelins among my finds, and you're right, you can still find them a heck of a lot cheaper in some stores, then what they can insanely go for on eBay. I paid $24.00 USD each for my two, though, so you way out-did me in the bargins department, Chupathingy, well done.

But I scored a Black Spidey Chase for ten cents at a yard sale, so I don't feel so bad. :D