UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

dc superheroes

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I've been finding them at Meijer's. I actually have a spare in my possession, but the torso joint is loose. I have it back in the box with Grodd's head/torso waiting to be returned. If you want it, gimme a shout.

Mattycollector.com has an exclusive Starfire/Adam Strange 2-pack coming out. I was planning on picking two up, but I really only want Starfire. Anybody interested in just Adam Strange?

• 2 weeks later...

I got my two Adam Strange & Starfire 2-packs in the mail Wednesday. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! The first thing that I noticed was that Mattycollector.com chose to pack my shipment in a used box. WTF? Is this package from a reputable toy company or second hand eBay seller? I had seen this picture from actionfigureinsider.com after I placed my order, so I had a bad feeling of what to expect:

post-96-1232748992_thumb.jpg

The first one that I took out appeared to have the same warped leg, but it was worse than that. The figures arms were bent on the joint. Not AT the joint, ON the joint:

post-96-1232749234_thumb.jpg

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that! I crossed my fingers and opened the second set. Arms were good, but this Starfire definitely had the warped leg:

post-96-1232749321_thumb.jpg

So for $58+ I got a couple of defective Starfires! I called the customer service number provided and it's for Fisher Price/Mattell. The lady told me that she would have to see if they had any in their inventory to exchange for and she'd call me in a day or two to let me know. She called last night and said that they had replacements to exchange for, but I'd have to ship these back at my expense. I almost fell over! I told her that I didn't feel that was my responsibility since the figures are defective. She put me on hold to see if she could "get approval" for a postage-paid label. Amazingly, she got her approval and I received an email today with my label. The email said it would take 4-6 weeks after receipt of the figures to get the new ones out. What a joke!

I have recently read a Q & A with Mattycollector.com and one of the questions was about this problem exactly. They try to put the figures in dynamic poses to make them look cool, but it ultimately damages the figures because they aren't placed in their inner trays with any care at all. I returned at least 2 Wonder Woman figures before I finally got one that didn't have warped arms.

I'll post an update whenever I get the two new sets... :angry:

That is really stupid to package them so that her appendages HAVE to warp. Plus, those are only sold online, right? So, what is the incentive to give them "action" poses, anyway? You aren't trying to attract little kids to pick it up off of a store aisle. Dumb.

Man, I barely collect these things as is. I'd be uber upset if I had to return mine. Though I got the wave 2 Supergirl and I was seriously unimpressed. I don't think I've bought one since. Though I've come close. I never saw BMB or Artemis though, so I didn't. :(

Know what would be cool? Teh Batman styled figures with DCSH scale and articulation.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Hawkman yesterday, and damn. . .he is a real thing of beauty. I'm not a huge fan of his character or anything, but he is by far the coolest DCUC figure that I've seen. He is so good that I'm now wishing I had bought some of the other JLAers when I saw them, just to pose with him. I really can't afford to get too sucked in to this line, but some of these are such great, iconic representations of these characters. . .can't wait for the Blue Beetle/Kid Flash wave.

Where did you find Hawkman, K?

An "off the beaten track" Wal-Mart. They had one of him (in beat up package, of course, otherwise someone probably would have bought him), and about 5 Mr. Miracles. I like Mr. Miracle, but don't think the toy looks interesting enough to be worth $12.

Donster: thanks for the offer on Harley, but I did end up getting her and Aquaman. (two of each actually!)

As for Wave 5, I have seen the full wave out a few times. I haven't been to Wal-Mart since, but if you are looking for the full set I can check for you. Just let me know...

I was able to get one through another forum HSD, but appreciate the offer. For whatever reason I didn't see this pop up on new posts until today :huh: Glad to hear you found those figures, they are really great one's, even if Harley's face is all blue in places.

I found a WW, but her arm was entirely disconnected at the elbow. You're right, Karama. This is insane.

Hey, does any one have an Etrigan they don't want. I've seen the guy at low as a dollar, and it only just now occurred to me what to do with him. LMK!

TM2D, there are a few stores that still have these and Penguin in abundance. Unfortunately it's full price though, just let me know via pm if you want them. As far as the issues, I'm just hoping that I have the correct part pieces and no defects or other issues I've heard about :confused: I'm currently packing things up and putting them in the attic to finally finish those last few rooms upstairs :lol: As far as Mr. Miracle, I think this is a pretty solid line up compared to most things out there. I think it's the only line that I've consistently collected, although I am worried about picking up the Adam Strange/Starfire 2 packs given some of the posts I've read.

I am worried about picking up the Adam Strange/Starfire 2 packs given some of the posts I've read.

Do you have any links to these posts? I am awaiting replacements for my two sets that were warped & have a feeling I might need some additional documentation if my new sets are defective too. Matty will feel my wrath! :lol:

Do you have any links to these posts? I am awaiting replacements for my two sets that were warped & have a feeling I might need some additional documentation if my new sets are defective too. Matty will feel my wrath! :lol:

I hope that they learn their lesson before the Ghostbusters are released. . .

I am worried about picking up the Adam Strange/Starfire 2 packs given some of the posts I've read.

HSD, I think this(<-Click Me) is the thread over at AFI ;) Otherwise, do a search for Adam Strange/Starfire. I want this set, but folks have scared me with their reports. Which is unfortunate, since this is a online exclusive.

My girlfriend picked up Hawkman for me today and he kicks ass. One of the best yet by far!

:buttrock:

One of the best 6 inch figures I've seen period.

No Doubt! Hawkman is one of the few Characters I collect every figure of, along with Thor and Colossus, and this is by far my favorite version of him.

on a side note, I think the best figure of the line (for me anyway) will be the C&C Atom Smasher. I think this is the only case of anything I have preordered, specifically for him...and the Blue Beetle and Flash look great too.

on a side note, I think the best figure of the line (for me anyway) will be the C&C Atom Smasher. I think this is the only case of anything I have preordered, specifically for him...and the Blue Beetle and Flash look great too.

I've got the case pre-ordered too, and I'm also looking forward to Atom Smasher (along with Beetle, Booster, and Kid Flash). I just hope he ends up being big enough. If he is just as big as the old Marvel Legends Hulks or something, I'll probably feel a bit let down.

Also, Nervous, in case you didn't hear about it, you might be waiting a bit before getting that case. With this wave, Mattel is releasing the wave one half at a time. So, Flash, Barda, Kid Flash, and Capt. Cold have already been released, but the others have not.

• 3 weeks later...

I got Batman Beyond yesterday, my first DCSH figure. Tell me, are his legs supposed to move, or do they intentionally snap back into the standing position? it's a moot point now since he's legless. His hip snapped right off. I can't decide if I want to bother with another one or not. I mean, he doesn't even have wings. :/

I got my two Adam Strange & Starfire 2-packs in the mail Wednesday. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! The first thing that I noticed was that Mattycollector.com chose to pack my shipment in a used box. WTF? Is this package from a reputable toy company or second hand eBay seller? I had seen this picture from actionfigureinsider.com after I placed my order, so I had a bad feeling of what to expect:

post-96-1232748992_thumb.jpg

The first one that I took out appeared to have the same warped leg, but it was worse than that. The figures arms were bent on the joint. Not AT the joint, ON the joint:

post-96-1232749234_thumb.jpg

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that! I crossed my fingers and opened the second set. Arms were good, but this Starfire definitely had the warped leg:

post-96-1232749321_thumb.jpg

So for $58+ I got a couple of defective Starfires! I called the customer service number provided and it's for Fisher Price/Mattell. The lady told me that she would have to see if they had any in their inventory to exchange for and she'd call me in a day or two to let me know. She called last night and said that they had replacements to exchange for, but I'd have to ship these back at my expense. I almost fell over! I told her that I didn't feel that was my responsibility since the figures are defective. She put me on hold to see if she could "get approval" for a postage-paid label. Amazingly, she got her approval and I received an email today with my label. The email said it would take 4-6 weeks after receipt of the figures to get the new ones out. What a joke!

I have recently read a Q & A with Mattycollector.com and one of the questions was about this problem exactly. They try to put the figures in dynamic poses to make them look cool, but it ultimately damages the figures because they aren't placed in their inner trays with any care at all. I returned at least 2 Wonder Woman figures before I finally got one that didn't have warped arms.

I'll post an update whenever I get the two new sets... :angry:

Well, it's been over a month now and I am expecting my replacements to arrive today. Of course the ONLY reason that I expect them today is because I've had to call several times and raise some hell. My experience with Matty so far has been abysmal. For their sake, I hope that my replacements are in tip-top condition! :devil:

I've got the case pre-ordered too, and I'm also looking forward to Atom Smasher (along with Beetle, Booster, and Kid Flash). I just hope he ends up being big enough. If he is just as big as the old Marvel Legends Hulks or something, I'll probably feel a bit let down.

Also, Nervous, in case you didn't hear about it, you might be waiting a bit before getting that case. With this wave, Mattel is releasing the wave one half at a time. So, Flash, Barda, Kid Flash, and Capt. Cold have already been released, but the others have not.

hey just saw this, thanks for the update, i just saw the 1st half of these at toys r us, glad i didnt get them yet. i thought the other half just got snapped up. any idea when the other half is gonna get realeased? from the size of atom smashers arms in the couple packs I saw, it looks like he'll be a real nice size.

hey just saw this, thanks for the update, i just saw the 1st half of these at toys r us, glad i didnt get them yet. i thought the other half just got snapped up. any idea when the other half is gonna get realeased? from the size of atom smashers arms in the couple packs I saw, it looks like he'll be a real nice size.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think some online e-tailers have already got them in, but I'm still waiting for my BBTS pre-order.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think some online e-tailers have already got them in, but I'm still waiting for my BBTS pre-order.

i'm waiting on bbts as well, hopefully pretty soon we'll get them

I saw Batman Beyond at target recently. He has silver snarling teeth, is that a variant? I don't remember him ever having his teeth shown in the show....

He did have a mouth w/teeth showing:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond-Season...6181&sr=8-2