UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hasbro licenses

Which Hasbro license would you like to see in Minimater form? I personally think GI Joe would fit the best, as they're all humans, and I actually love Joe more. But don't get me wrong, Star Wars would rock. Then there's always Transformers. Combine them with minimates and I think my heart'd stop.

I'd agree, GI Joe. Of course by GI Joe I mean Cobra. :P I've always preferred the faceless bad guys to the generic soldiers.

Although, realistically speaking, the best chance of getting Minimates from Hasbro's big three (GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars) would be Star Wars. Since, in the end, Lucas films owns everything, they would be the ones giving the license. That's much more likely than Hasbro giving another company the license to make action figures based on their characters. Why give another company the rights to make action figures that will compete with your own?

Legalese aside, gods I'd love a Cobra Commander Minimate.

WTF? I swear I put this as a poll. I guess it didn't want to do that.

Yes, Joe (and like you I mean Cobra) Minimates are something I really really want. I have a hard time collecting the 3 3/4" figures because there's so bloody many of them, and most still look like they came straight out of the 80's.

Star Wars for me. I think that Star Wars is one of the best things that was ever created. Also wouldn't a little General Grievous with four little arms be so cute :D He would even make it easier to make your six-armed Peter custom.

Man, I LOVE these kinds of posts. I can't settle for just 1 license, there are 3 that I want. In order, here is what I would like:

3. Star Wars

-How can you not want a history and library as deep as Star Wars translated in Mini Form. And, let's be honest, how many times have you dreamed of an Obi-Wan and Captain Kirk team up to take down the Cylons, be honest :D. And, since I like playing this game so much, here is my idea of releasing figures. I would release the figures in six 2-packs a wave. That way, you will have one 2-pack per movie. The first wave would look like this:

Episode I

Obi-Wan and Jar Jar

Episode II

Mace and Jango

Episode III

Anakin and Padme

Episode IV

Luke and Obi Wan

Episode V

Han and Boba

Episode VI

Vader and Jedi Luke

Each figure would come with at least two weapons, the jedi would come with lightsabers and a blaster of sorts. Of course, with as many characters as the Star Wars saga has, they could release a wave a month for years and still be top sellers.

2. G.I. Joe

-To be honest, I didn't really think much about G.I.Joe until I saw DC Wave 6 and SGT Rock. It just screamed G.I. Joe. However, my hesitation with a G.I. Joe line would be vehicles. G.I. Joes are great, and I had tons growing up, but the Vehicles are a major draw. Rather than standard waves of G.I. Joe, I'd prefer Vehicles packs. Much like the Speed Racer sets. You would have your standard 2-packs or 1 Mini and a Small Vehicle or 2 Minis and a Medium Vehicle. A lot of people will disagree, but I would LOVE to see vehicles. Here would be my ideas for Wave 1:

Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow

Scarlett vs. Baroness

Duke vs. Cobra Commander

G.I. Infantry with ATV

Coba Infantry with Viper Cycle

Roadblock and Tunnel Rat with Extreme HumVee

Destro and Zartan with Heavy Duty Extreme Tank

Each of the figures would come with a lot of weapons, rifles, pistols, swords, knives, etc. The vehicles would have a firing missle and special features. Again, this will never happen, but it's fun to think about.

1. Transformers

-Ah, the pride of the 1980's. Transformers were the greatest toy of my childhood and to see them recreated in Minimate form would be to die for. Of course, you have various incarnations to pull from, whether it be G1 or Beast Wars or the New Movie, there are plenty of figures to make. The innovation of this line would be an included Alternate form with the figures and also the figures would be 3 inches again. Of cource, we can't make a 3 inch 14 points of articulation figure transform into a Semi Truck, but you can include something that would help. What I think would be cool is to include a Vehicle form (that has a Minimate feel to it) along with it's Robot Form Minimate character. For instance, if the character was Optimus Prime, you would get a 3 inch Optimus Minimate and with that you would get a hollow Red Semi Truck. The feature would be that you can somehow fit the Optimus Minimate inside the body of the Semi Truck (whether it opens and fits him or clips over the top of him, etc) that way it's like he "transformed" in his Alt form. The first wave would look like this:

Optimus Prime (G1) with Semi Truck

Megatron (G1) with Pistol

Bumblebee (G1) with VW Bug

Wheeljack (G1) with Sports Car

Starscreem (G1) with Figther Jet

Soundwave (G1) with Boombox

and you could also add a movie Wave:

Optimus Prime (Movie) with Semi Truck

Megatron (Movie) with Alien Jet

Bumblebee (Movie) with Concept Camero

Starscreem (Movie) with Fighter Jet

Barricade (Movie) with Ford Mustang

Ironhide (Movie) with Pickup

Again, I think one is very "outside the box" but I just can't see getting Transformers without alternate modes. Image the "Minimate Style" put into the vehicles as they were into the Mach 5. A little more bulky, a little more cartoony. All I know is that I'd be first in line to pre-order. neo

Episode I

Obi-Wan and Jar Jar

Okay, stop right there or I swear I can't be held responsible for what I'm going to do to you. :angry:

:lol:

Yeah, I thought I'd get that kind of reaction, but think about the possibilities. You could have Obi Wan run Jar Jar through with a lighsaber or you could have Wolverine impale him with his talons or you could have Aragon Filet him or you could have Apollo Blast him or you could have Killer Croc eat him or you could have Speed Racer run him over. See, the possibilities are endless :P. neo

hahahaha! you could even have rocky box the crap out of him!

True, and who could forget Jack torturing him and you can't understand a D*&$ word his says, it wouldn't be pretty :). neo

I think the real problem with the obi-wan jar- jar two pack is that it comes with obi. Really shouldn't it come with Qui-Gon Jinn? Also where the heck is the coolest bad guy ever? (Ok maybe not EVER but at lest to come out of the new trilogy) Darth maul? Who would not kill the have an awesome red and black, double light saber, Jedi killing, black rode wearing, horn headed, Sith minimates?

In other words I think the two pack should be Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul.

But I really did love those GI Joe List. I thought it was a good mix of cool faceless bad guys and the standard characters (that I guess you have to make) I always had cobra be the good guy and GI Joe was the bad guys, except snake eye that dude is wicked cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if Transformers would really work as minimates. TFs are supposed to be big and bulky. I think if they were made, they would be more like the current Robot Heroes. It would be cool to have the humans in Transformers as minis: Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, Daniel, Chip Chase...Shia Lebouf, etc.

But if DST could somehow latch onto Star Wars, that would be all of the "major" licenses covered, really. GI Joe and He-man would be cool, but licensing from toy company to toy company would be something that the corporate bigwigs at Hasbro and Mattel would never go for.