UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Goof Off paint remover questions

I used some on my test subject Battle Scarred Thing and it worked great I used it on New Cyclop's legs and it sorta melted the plastic. Maybe one of the heavy hitters out there has some tips but I wondered if I used a rag and a small amount of the stuff and gave it a quick sweep would help.

I have never tried it on translucent plastic, but for removing logos on opaque plastic it has always worked well for me. I just put a little bit on the tip of a cotton swab and use that. Occasionally a sticky substance will form on the plastic, and the only thing that will remove it is more goof off.

I have used it to remove the logo's from several ECCC minimates and it works fine, you just have to be carefull not to go crazy with how much you use or do it for too long or it will make the plastic 'foggy'.

I find the best way to get it to work is to put a LITTLE Goofoff on a kitchen towel and gently rub the part against the towel on a flat surface. The ECC stuff comes off pretty easily.

T.

I have never tried it on translucent plastic, but for removing logos on opaque plastic it has always worked well for me. I just put a little bit on the tip of a cotton swab and use that. Occasionally a sticky substance will form on the plastic, and the only thing that will remove it is more goof off.

It's true! :biggrin:

This is the guy who introduced me to the stuff by sending me a can with some commissions!

It will work on trans. plastic, but, as with any 'Mate piece, you need to work fast, and not use too much. Like Luke said, cotton swab. The faster you work, the less likely you'll get that film on there, I've found. Keep a paper towel handy, and wipe off the GO after you've rubbed, this also lessens the residue. And, make sure you wash the piece off with soap and warm water the second you've removed the details. Sometimes, though, it'll leave a barely visible indentation of the details you've removed from a chest. It's kinda funny, but I don't know how to remedy that...