UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic BSG Minis not totally dead.

I this months issue of Toyfare, DSTChuck states that the classic BSG minimates line is not totally dead and may yet see retail. No promises or anything definite, but there is hope. COOL!

Read the article, I thought it was nice hear. I wanted the Classic Series minimates first for some reason. I want my Lucifer and Daggit!

I keep being harrassed by a friend constantly "Are they making Classic BSG?" Come one DST, let the torture stop. :)

I understand DST's reservations and wanting to see how well the Modern BSG sells(pretty well from what I understand!), but I wish that they'd stop being so "cryptic" (I've had my heart broken too many times in the past with cancelled toy-lines!). I doubt (as big of a fan as I am) that the Classic could sustain it's own seperate line (though I'd personally LOVE to see it), but I think that they'd be perfect for 1-2 specialty market box-sets. My only stipulation is that it MUST contain no-less than what we've seen in previous control-art images (Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, Boomer, maybe the Daggit, Baltar, Imperious Leader, Lucifer, Cylon Centurian, and maybe a Gold Cylon Commander...though a few surprise additions would certainly be welcome: Col. Tigh, Athena, Cassiopeia, Col. Cain, Sheba, Ovion Warriors, Nomen, etc.). And yes, yES, YES we MUST have the Viper/ Raider (Classic AND Modern) vehicle asst.s; they are essential to the lines and very plausible given the small scale of minimates.

Another idea occurred to me..."then and now" asst.s pairing the Modern with it's Classic counterpart (M. Adama with C. Adama for example). However, given the "stubborn" (read: silly) nature of many Classic fans to accept the Modern BSG, this may not be as good of an idea as stand-alone box-sets. Sorry about the long-ass posts, but I'm just a "little" passionate about these properties and Minimates! LOL

I have to agree that the classic line would probably benefit better from the box-set treatment than an ongoing collector series. Though the series has plenty of fans in its own right, its still not as fresh as the new series, and thus may not see as many toy collectors rushing to support the line. But then again, there's a reason I don't work in marketing.

Seeing the vehicles get made is more important to me, but if these were available as a boxed exclusive, I'd probably pick up a set to do then/now displays, and for extra random background characters.