UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anyone else seen our logo's guest appearance?

Rad

Most of em. I'll see if I can add a snap tonight.

And why exactly are you not reading All-Star Superman young man? It's the best comic in the world ever!

Everytime I see that picture, I just want to throttle the guy in the pic. No offense to anyone who posts that thing, but it just devalues the thread even more than the lack of pictures seems to do. It's a good way to derail a topic (case in point) and possibly offend the topic starter.

Everytime I see that picture, I just want to throttle the guy in the pic. No offense to anyone who posts that thing, but it just devalues the thread even more than the lack of pictures seems to do. It's a good way to derail a topic (case in point) and possibly offend the topic starter.

Not posting pics, is not devalueing a thread. Its the information that counts. If you want to see a pic, go buy the issue or kindly ask if the topic starter can post a photo.

A good way to derail a topic? Some folks are pros at that...

So, I'm still curious as to what exactly Rad is talking about? Guess I'll have to check out All-Star Superman when I pick up my DC 'Mates tomorrow...

Wait no longer Mr. Cappy. Here is said picture in all it's Frank Quitely glory

dsc00101lt2.th.jpg

Your lives are now complete aren't they? :D

By the way guys. I didnt really mind TM2 posting that picture of himself trying to understand cameras. But I do agree it was a bit on the large side. ;)

Thanks Rad for the pic, that explains it. I like it, might have to pick up the book again. It saves me a trip to the shop today. :)

Sorry to have steered the conversation away from the topic Rad. The pic was somewhat of a rudish exclamatory gesture and was unnecessary. Come on to take the time to post such a thing that can be done in simple words, plus I think it annoyed many myself included. If I didn't say anything, the habit would continue.

Not posting pics, is not devalueing a thread. Its the information that counts. If you want to see a pic, go buy the issue or kindly ask if the topic starter can post a photo.

A good way to derail a topic? Some folks are pros at that...

I wasn't saying that the lack of pics was devaluing the thread, but rather saying that whoever tosses in the "This Thread is Useless Without Pictures" seems to think the thread lacks value without images. I guess I should have clarified that better myself.

As far as seeing the actual image, it kind of falls short of my expectations a bit. I was expecting something very clearly aimed at us, and had actual plans on grabbing the issue for keepsake value. Still, it was an interesting notion.

As far as seeing the actual image, it kind of falls short of my expectations a bit. I was expecting something very clearly aimed at us, and had actual plans on grabbing the issue for keepsake value. Still, it was an interesting notion.

Sorry mate, I just saw it this morning and thought 'That's our Logo!' :D

Apologies to anyone who thought we were getting kudos from Morrison & Quitely.

Thanks Rad for the pic, that explains it. I like it, might have to pick up the book again. It saves me a trip to the shop today. :)

Sorry to have steered the conversation away from the topic Rad. The pic was somewhat of a rudish exclamatory gesture and was unnecessary. Come on to take the time to post such a thing that can be done in simple words, plus I think it annoyed many myself included. If I didn't say anything, the habit would continue.

No apologies necessary JL. We're all (with one or two exceptions) grown up enough to have a conversation about it. Glad you liked the pic mate. :thumbsup:

LOL amusingly for half a second I thought our logo was in someones Ad or something funky like that, but then I realised I'd read somewhere it was a Bizzarro Issue and it all made sense....

T.

Yeah, I can think of more flattering logos. (Ady, couldn't you have made it a cylinder, like a Minimate head?)

Text says it all though... I'll paraphrase

'Far out in webspace there exists the goofiest Forum in the entire multiverse...

The Square logo'd MINIMATEMULTIVERSE!

It's the Home Forum of the the Irrelevent, quirky minimategeeks who are imperfect duplicates of AndyCarter and his friends...'

:D

T.

Yeah, I can think of more flattering logos. (Ady, couldn't you have made it a cylinder, like a Minimate head?)

Text says it all though... I'll paraphrase

'Far out in webspace there exists the goofiest Forum in the entire multiverse...

The Square logo'd MINIMATEMULTIVERSE!

It's the Home Forum of the the Irrelevent, quirky minimategeeks who are imperfect duplicates of AndyCarter and his friends...'

:D

T.

LoL Damn skippy!

LOL amusingly for half a second I thought our logo was in someones Ad or something funky like that, but then I realised I'd read somewhere it was a Bizzarro Issue and it all made sense....

T.

Don't put it past the bootleggers out there Timbo. There's some Batman Begins bootleg stuff out there with the LOG logo floating around...

So... we all agree this was one big coincidence and people are just overreacting, then? Good.

Anyways, I don't mind "This thread is useless without pics" because, when you are discussing something visual, for those of us who may not have such a visual object, attempting to describe it to us completely fails compared to actually showing it to us.

Also, ASSuperman as best comic ever? I believe Nextwave/Marvel Zombies need to have a talk with a certain someone.

It is a pretty cool coincidence though. Thanks for catching that Rad.

As far as calling the thread pointless without pictures, as Shanester said, its far more polite to ask for pictures than to post the massively huge picture of some guy with a lens cap. Though harmless in and of itself, it can come across as rude or downright hateful, even if it is not intentional, as seems to be the case here.

As far as saying All-Star Superman, Nextwave, or Marvel Zombies are the best comics ever, everyone has their own opinion, and we should all try to reserve casting final judgment until we have read all the books in question. DC isn't on my pull list and I've never picked up an issue of Nextwave, so I can't honestly say that MZ beats them both hands down. I can say that Marvel Zombies ranks pretty high on the list of comics I have read, but that's as far as my own judgment will allow.

On another note, we're the opposite of normal people? I can see how that is an accurate assumption. :biggrin: