UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

JLA Discussion Thread

Jatta Pake

I have only skimmed some of the new JLA issues and I was wondering if anyone has been reading the comics? Can anyone spoil for me?

(Highlight black line below to read spoilery stuff)

I heard that the JLA got a new Hall of Justice this last issue. How's it look? I'm thinking I may need to make a Minimate version!

JLA has been ok. It seems like they tried to hit the ground running.. so it doesn't feel like they have really organized the new league yet.. I don't know.. it just hasn't really hooked me yet.

I haven't read issue 7 yet but i like it so far. The first arc was a bit too predictable but I'm excited to see where Brad Meltzer can take this series and I can't wait to see what he does with Geo Force. I'm also very excited for the JLA/JSA crossover.

Of the JLA?

Think (off the top of my head) it's Red Arrow (Roy Harper) Black Canary, Bats, Supes, WW, Vixen, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) Red Tornado (possibly) Black Lightning, ... That's all I can remember. Anyone else want to pitch in/correct me?

Of the JLA?

Think (off the top of my head) it's Red Arrow (Roy Harper) Black Canary, Bats, Supes, WW, Vixen, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) Red Tornado (possibly) Black Lightning, ... That's all I can remember. Anyone else want to pitch in/correct me?

Nope we're all scared of your overlord type ways... ;):D

oh that an I've not read the new issue yet :P

T.

I just finished reading a bunch of spoilers on the DC message board about issue #7. The new JLA sounds interesting. I wonder ...

if the Wonder Twins will be brought back into the DC comics world. I think it would be cool if they became junior members of this new JLA.

:)

Of the JLA?

Nope we're all scared of your overlord type ways... ;):D

Even as I type my finger hovers over the shiny red button of doom! :yes:

Rads right, there are 9 members and he got 'em all.

I know PowerGirl is in JSA, but I'm just saying Supes, Bats & WW spent the first 3 issues voting on people and it didn't even stick. :confused:

As for JSA... Damn you DC!

I just can't buy all the quality crap they're pumping out.

With my minimates addiction I can only afford half a dozen comics a month.

-4 of those are 52/ soon to be Countdown

-Justice League

-Exiles (a marvel comic)

-Wonder Woman

Oh, look thats 7. I'm already over budget.

With JLA's crossovers coming up I;'ll have to pick up JSA too.

On top of it all I just dumped Green Lantern (cause it meant I had to buy another 4 comics a month) and now they're teasing this massive Sinestro Corps war!!

Crap. :verymad:

I feel your pain Nestle. At least with the JLA/JSA crossover it's only one extra book a month.

I can't believe I got all the JLA members right. My memory must be improving now I'm a tyrannical despot! :D

Rads right, there are 9 members and he got 'em all.

He missed Hawkgirl and I'm pretty sure Geo Force is going to be the mystery 11th character that Meltzer has alluded to in Wizard interwiews. Unless he's just a red herring.

Well, I just read it and I must say I really like the personal interactions Brad Meltzer sets up between the characters. I was a bit confused by some of the pages being out of order but it was still a good read. I really don't think the trophy room shot spoiled 52.

Does anyone really think Skeets is going to win?

Finished #7 and I am once again glad I stuck with this line of JLA. I haven't paid attention to the JLA since the early 80's when I was a kid so I like that this current group feels like it's getting back to it's roots a bit. The art has been fantastic in EVERY issue.

So ya, I take back my previous statement because this issue is what I have been waiting for to feel like it's really starting.

Whoa. Magnus, you're right. I swear I counted 9 characters before. :confused:

Anyways, I hope Geo Force doesn't join.

This team already feels a little too much like the original Outsiders.

I swear, with all the "Batman loyalists" on the team he could take over the JLA. :rolleyes: