UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic series

At present, no.

Most of what we saw before was AA's solo effort on the line. When DST stepped in, a lot of what was laid out before was shelved in favor of the way things are going now. That's not to say that things like the classic line and the ships aren't ever coming, they just aren't in the cards at the moment.

Where were the classic Cylons available? I really want a silver and gold one but don't know where to look.

If your LCBS doesn't have them, your best bet is trying eBay or even the flea market on this website.

I still don't understand why they even bothered releasing the "classic" Cylon Asst. if they were just going to "shelve" the line...very cruel. I'm still holding hopes that with the success of the "modern" line, DST will see fit to slip-out (at least) 1-2 "classic" box-sets (and vehicle asst. ...please?) along-side the "modern" waves if they don't think that there is enough interest to sustain a "classic"line by itself. With a new on-going "classic BSG" comic hitting shelves and a cult-legion of "classic" fans (with little merchandise), I would think that the time is right to strike. I LOVE the new BSG, but still desire their "classic-counterparts" to complete my collection.

If it were my call, I'd try something like...

COLONIAL WARRIORS box-set:

*Adama

*Apollo

*Starbuck

*Boomer

...and maybe a Daggit (if 5 were possible)

CYLON EMPIRE box-set:

*Imperious Leader

*Baltar

*Lucifer

*Cylon Centurian

...and maybe "gold" Cylon Commander (if 5 were possible)

MINI-FLYERS Asst.:

*Colonial Viper w/ pilot

*Cylon Raider w/ pilot

P.S. Mystery Man, you might try: jrstoyworld.com . I think that they may still have "singles" available. Good-Luck!!

DST really should try soliciting these as boxed sets. There's demand, just not the kind the new series is enjoying. I'm betting it's better than Indymates, though. <_<

Exactly!! No offense to fans, but if "Marvel-Zombies" (as cool as they are) can warrant a "one-shot box-set" based on ONE current story-arc, I fail to see why "classic BSG" box-set(s) couldn't be worked-in between modern waves. The classic fan-base exists and I think that quite a few fans of the new BSG (not familiar with the original) may have a bit more curiousity now due to the current success of the show (might be a cool way to fill-in the lag-time between seasons LOL...no seriously). I admittedly like the new BSG more, but I will always harbor a nostalgic-love for the original. It was an important part of Sci-Fi history that deserves representation. "Apples and oranges": both stand alone as cool and entertaining shows.