UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV T-Shirt Discussion

TBT!

One quick question for those going...

Minimatemultiverse T-Shirts?

Obviously I need to get Ady's aproval on design etc.. first but I'm toying with the idea of getting a T-shirt madeup for myself and wondered if anyone else is interested?

T.

I was thinking something like this...

sdcc1.jpg

They look to be quiet pricey at around $20 each, I can get any number made but if I get 12 or more the printing will be better quality.

thoughts?

T.

Nice Tim! What about a black T-shirt with the Vitruvian Minimate on the front with the quote that you have or Primus Inter Pares and the Square globe on the back with the name "Minimate Multiverse" and the url.

And if it's made without a date on it we won't need to have new ones made for each con...

I like it. If it weren't so close to the show, it would have been cool to try for sponsors to cover the costs. Many companies will buy space on a shirt like this.

Maybe next year! ;)

I'm probably getting one 'as is' for the show,

To me it's an event T-shirt, hence the event & date, I can look into dateless designs later if you guys prefer without. I actually tried a bunch of stuff and the date actually gives the back a draw to the eye, just the URL looks incredibly bland as no one is really drawn to URLS.

As for changing the design and colours of the shirt, such as adding the MMMV globe to the back etc all those things push both the cost and the minimum order up (Not to mention is tricky to get a decent resolution image for blowing up to that scale). The current design is about as cheap as it gets in terms of production costs.

The good news is that I can order just one if I wanted to & you'll know what to look for if you see me at the show :P!

T.

multiverse.jpg

This is just a quick mock-up for a date-less version. As Tim said we would need a higher-res version of the "Square Globe" on the back and I think a cleaner version of the Vitruvian Minimate (ala the AA Motm) just in white would be better as well. And yes, a more readable font...

Although I'd be in for the SDCC version.

I'm curious did you check the costs for that one? ( I know it'll have a minimum order of 12 pieces)

Also the front image is copyright AA as it's thier actual artwork! - so is probably a no go without asking AA directly if you could use it.

Maybe If everyone wants a non SDCC one then we could make a contest to design it?

Are we taknig over this thread, should we be split out and made into a seperate thread?

T.

A new thread might be a good idea. And I didn't check the price because I wanted you to make one based on the adjustments I mentioned above like using your cleaner version of the Vitruvian minimate (which would look good in just white) I just knocked this one off quickly as an example...

Thanks Ady, I'll give it a go.

We cant steal AAs artwork really :P

Well, technically the image that Tim created is based on AA's design. And we would only get into legal trouble if we were selling the shirts for profit which we won't be. Plus, I doubt they would sue a handful of fan-boys for some free advertising...

Tim can you send me a copy of your Vitruvian Minimate so I can get a price for this design?

Thanks Ady, I'll give it a go.

We cant steal AAs artwork really :P

Well, technically the image that Tim created is based on AA's design. And we would only get into legal trouble if we were selling the shirts for profit which we won't be. Plus, I doubt they would sue a handful of fan-boys for some free advertising...

Tim can you send me a copy of your Vitruvian Minimate so I can get a price for this design?

I think that mine in ambigous enough that it's wouldn't be a problem, It's also why I threw the Artasylum.com on the back. Besides for a small company like AA any advertising is good advertising.

That and I was planning on talking to Adam before I actually had any made up! :)

The vitruvian I did isn't perfect and would need some work to scale up like that, I didn't fix it at the time cos it's not noticable on a 1/2" version but that size would show the flaws... so nope not yet :)

T.

How about a copy of the blanks that you used on the initial design then? And again, I don't think there will be any legal difficulties as long as this shirt is "not for profit" but running it past Adam couldn't hurt.

OK I have a question.

Is my MMC logo breaking copyrights etc? I guess it is.

Well the good news is no one's questioned it yet....

I wouldn't worry Danny, people steal logo's and stuff on the web all the time, and without your site considerably fewer people would be buying minimates.

T.

Use of images on a web/fan site is one thing

Use of images on a T-Shirt is another.

You obviously dont charge people to view your site, people will however be paying money for the T, regardless of if the cost is only for materials or not.

Its not far related from selling customs, which AA dont have a problem with, but even so I REALLY dont want a T-shirt advertising my site doing the rounds with AA imagery on without explicit permission from AA.

Okay, here's a quick updated version:

multiversetshirt2.jpg

I still had difficulty with the cube-globe and I'm not sold on the image on the front either.

And you're right Tim, this T would require a minimum order of 12 and as it stands now it would cost $35 each (without shipping). Yikes!