UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modern Series 1 is coming out Weds!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe my poor eyes can't stay open that long.

Thanks for getting us the pics, you know how much we all appreciate it here at the Multiverse, db97!

I'll be having a look see when I get up tomorrow. Can't wait to see some pics of Six. Mmmm.

I saw these at my LCBS today and althought I have a case on order I couldn't resist picking up 2 of the sets.

I cant anwer about the Cylons or Six but...

DB97 - Can you answer a long standing question? What is under the flight jacket of Apollo and Starbuck? Any tampo printing or just plain color?

Blank Torso as expected by me and not by JP ;) ( Looking forwards to that 2 pack JP ;) )

Yo, dockingbay97... How are the paint applications? Clean or messy?

Oh... and is the Cylon packed in with Six any different from the previously released Cylons?

Very very clean, the plastic on some of the parts feels a bit soft, much softer than anything since C3 but other than that these are VERY VERY Nice, clean and well designed.

ok for balance I'll give one nit pick the new uniforms which go over the bodies are great adn not as bulky as expected but do limit the arm movement a little.

T.

Sweetness! I love 'em. Can't wait to get mine next week...

Dualla looks great. I was worried about how she'd turn out, and not look "mannish" in the uniform. The detailing there really helps her out.

Still don't care for the Admiral Cain or the variant Six, though... Just don't look right.

Wait! What's going on with Six's hair? The variant one looks like it's down much further. Is the regular release figure just up high? Regular looks better, IMHO...

And again... Looks like the right legs on the flight suit figures are different than the ToyFair Starbuck... TF Starbuck's got more detail than the regular release figures do... Odd. Weird tampo change for a convention exclusive...

Dualla has a ponytail - hence why she is laying there a bit lopsided.

Cain is my least favorite of the bunch.

I can't pick a favorite yet - probably Starbuck & Apollo but I think them all.

Kobol Six's hair is flush against her shoulders. Regular Six has hair that is more or less flush with the bottom of her head.

The Starbucks share their hands, head, hair, feet and legs. Everything else is different. I keep thinking their hair might be a tiny shade different but it might be my crappy desk light playing with my head.

These look great. I'm really digging all of these and can't wait for mine to get here. That Apollo looks fantastic.

I'm not very familiar with the show, but what is that blue thing with Admiral Cain?

It's a book- in the new BSG paper, books, etc, have angled corners- a little joke when told they had to cut corners in the budget of the miniseries.

Thanks for the pics, Nick! I'd better check my LCS and see if they're in, although it might be next week in Canada.

in the new BSG paper, books, etc, have angled corners- a little joke when told they had to cut corners in the budget of the miniseries.

That's a neat bit of BSG trivia!

Thanks for the info guys. I'm still new to this series and was never overly familiar with the old one. I've read through the wikipedia summary of each episode of the new show, so I think I'm up to speed on who the characters are. Never knew about the cornerless paper, etc.

As for the commando Sixes, I was just curious, as flesh colored parts are hard to come by. With arms, legs, feet, and...lower torsos, Sounds like almost enough parts to make a flesh colored blank mini.

Not to mention, MrPL's Cylon came without panties, so I just wanted to know if any of the other Cylons were the same. :biggrin: I look forward to the pictorial on MinimatesCentral called Cylons Gone Wild.

Thanks for the close-ups DB97.

Happy that Dualla has a pony tail. Definitely like the full flight suits. Now I need my Vipers!

I agree with Antacost and Regular Six looks better. Kobol Six appears stoned.

Still I can see both of them playing dirty. ;)

I can't believe I even looked - the Six's are going commando indeed.

LOL. You are such are part of our sick, addicted world. heh :tongue:

And thanks for the pictures with the helmets on. In all the promo stuff we've seen, they never had their flight helmets on. They look very cool.

Tomorrow is my day to pick these guys up, don't think I'll sleep well at all.

I was hoping the helmets would be molded in a colored, translucent plastic and painted. I'd prefer a visor. Otherwise I'm thinking about asking my retailer to order a case just so I can get a set with the chase, but what the heck am I going to do with the rest? :confused:

but what the heck am I going to do with the rest? :confused:

That's easy. The extra Starbuck and Apollo figures can be used to make some extra Viper pilots. Who could resist adding Spidey, Doom, Thing, and Venom to the fleet? Or I suppose you could just make some generic nuggets for cannon fodder purposes. With the extra Sixes, you can class up your MJ or Gwen Stacy figures, or give Sue Storm a civilian outfit. As for the rest, you can always just make background characters, because on ships as big as the ones in the show, you'll always be able to see someone walking around behind your main actors.

Good ideas. I was having trouble justifying the $90 price tag for seven figures. (Almost $13 a 'mate!) But I'm forgetting the nice thing about properties like this and Star Trek is the army building potential thanks to so many characters in uniform. The customizability of Minimates only makes it easier.

Now I just need a second job. :pinch: