UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Has anybody gone to the NY Comic Con?

Was anybody able to go see the minimate panel hosted by DST and AA at this year's NY comic con? I heard it was Friday afternoon. So... anything good on the horizon or more of the same stuff we've heard about already?

i was there and i couldnt find the minimate panel thing. all i could fine was a show case of the upcomeing minimates but it wasnt anything we havent seen before.

It's Sunday evening almost and I still can't believe no one has posted a review of the DST / AA minimates universe panel that took place Friday. I've been scowering the web all weekend for a story or pics and it's as if it never existed. Did this panel happen? I can't believe that with all the comic book panel coverage (from the NYCC) I've read up to date that the MM panel hasn't even been mentioned. Nothing from Art Asylum and nothing from DST. Nothing from any of the toy collecting sites, nothing from MMHQ, MMC or the MMMV. Come on! Someone has to know something! Anything of value please!

I still can't believe it! 5 FLIPPIN" DAYS and STILL NOTHING! What gives? A word from AA or DST would be nice. I know you guys read this forum, so why not make with the YAKITTI YAK? Answear these questions please.

1) Did the Minimate universe panel ever take place at the NY Comic Con on Friday Feb 23?

2) WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED AT IT? If you haven't noticed, there has been absolutely no coverage of the minimate panel online and the 2 companies you'd think would shed some light to their clientel (who couldn't attend in person) haven't done anything.

PLEASE TELL US SOMETHING WORTH WHILE! I BEG YOU!

Oh yeah! It was announced that Marvel's 2" restriction was lifted and that we can expect a goblin glider with the Target sets.

Ah, who am I kidding, it's far too early for April Fools jokes.

I'm not too surprised about the lack of news. As was said before, there isn't enough world wide multiverse representation to expect every event to be adequately covered. Plus, when in the past has DST and/or AA gone out of their way to show us love? Heck, they still haven't updated the Radicals section to reflect the Toy Fair news.

I'll add that DST has been very supportive and they have provided news and even provided exclusive news/pics before they hit anywhere else. We've started Q/As too. Has anyone noticed that the price in DST 2-packs for future waves has gone down from 8.99 to 6.99?

btw, you almost had me on the goblin glider. <_<:P

Sorry guys but I am not sure how DST is suppose to know if someone from this forum made it down to see us. I will tell you all of us were there and we did speak to people and show art, factory test shots, and some new designs. We were not able to figure a way to pod cast it - SORRY. I'll have to see is any of it translates to "news" that marketing gets out to everyone. Not sure how having the entire creative team on MM ready to answer all your questions at the second largest comic show is not showing "love" but .... See you next year or stop by WonderCon or WWLA to say "hi" if your there.

Thanks Chuck, We do appreciate the news and views you share with us, I feel the love.... (or maybe that's just Shanester touching me inapropriately again... :ermm: )

I think some folks here are a bit bummed WE didn't get anyone there to cover it, rather than being bummed at you for doing it.

I might get to LA & say hi, if not I'll see you guys at SDCC, Any chance the same sort of panel could happen at SDCC as I know a lot more of the community will be there?

T.

Plus, when in the past has DST and/or AA gone out of their way to show us love? Heck, they still haven't updated the Radicals section to reflect the Toy Fair news.

Contests, Avengers Wave, Cylon Elves, Q&As. Dear f**king god you have a short memory. Either appreciate what we get or shut the f**K up and dont come back.

Sorry guys but I am not sure how DST is suppose to know if someone from this forum made it down to see us. I will tell you all of us were there and we did speak to people and show art, factory test shots, and some new designs. We were not able to figure a way to pod cast it - SORRY. I'll have to see is any of it translates to "news" that marketing gets out to everyone. Not sure how having the entire creative team on MM ready to answer all your questions at the second largest comic show is not showing "love" but .... See you next year or stop by WonderCon or WWLA to say "hi" if your there.

We all wear tin foil hats.

Ignore the ungrateful people chuck.

Yeah, and I'm sure that's not the last time DST shows the forums some love ;) Seriously gang, sometimes the fans expect too much out of life :confused: MMMU is busting their hiney's behind the scenes with their connections and insuring that they can make the jump to a better server, DST is doing it's best to make sure we're swamped with so many Mates that they'll take over our action figure displays within 6 months and TBT is back in the forum, what more could you ask for? Glad to see you back in the forum Timbo :thumbsup: Oh and Kirby, you are so right, we would totally rock this place with ECCC news. Hopefully DST will make the trek next year :D