UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from ToyFare

According to the latest issue of ToyFare, we can expect to see a Retailer Exclusive Dr. Balter, who comes with a rack of test tubes (or something to that affect). The magazine didn't specify exactly when this figure would come out, at what venue it would appear, or who it may or may not be bundled with, but it did show an image of Dr. Balter on page 66, if someone has a scanner and a copy of the magazine on hand.

Okay, this is getting interesting. It's clear that AA is fully behind the BSG line, so that's great. Hopefully all these early exclusives will be available later or as easy part swaps. On the other hand, if these have unique decos or exclusive accessories (like this test tube rack) then I'm going to start getting annoyed.

According to the latest issue of ToyFare, we can expect to see a Retailer Exclusive Dr. Balter, who comes with a rack of test tubes (or something to that affect). The magazine didn't specify exactly when this figure would come out, at what venue it would appear, or who it may or may not be bundled with, but it did show an image of Dr. Balter on page 66, if someone has a scanner and a copy of the magazine on hand.

Anyone else thinking this will simply be "labcoat" Baltar ? :|

(I was going to make one anyway!)

T.

Anyone else thinking this will simply be "labcoat" Baltar ? :|

(I was going to make one anyway!)

T.

If by labcoat Baltar you meant Baltar with a labcoat stuck on, then no. It looks like a different hair sculpt, different chest details, different face and what looks like a new sculpt of a labcoat. Totally different figure. In fact, I had no idea it was the same person until I looked back over the checklist of figures coming out this year.

Hopefully this figure sees light as an exclusive a la Thanos or worst case scenario John Stewart. If this is another Starbuck, then DST really does want to kick us all in the balls.

If by labcoat Baltar you meant Baltar with a labcoat stuck on, then no. It looks like a different hair sculpt, different chest details, different face and what looks like a new sculpt of a labcoat. Totally different figure. In fact, I had no idea it was the same person until I looked back over the checklist of figures coming out this year.

Pictures please?!

T.

ARRGGHHHH!!! Why don't I get my Toyfare around the same time it hits stands??? <_< Thank you for the cool pics MM, but now I'm going to be going nuts until it arrives on my doorstep.

Thanks for the photos, I'm looking forward to these finally hitting the shelves. Love that Tigh comes with his flask and wonder if they'll do a variant with the eye patch? They look pretty good and I can see Nervous and some of the other customisers making a Oracle out of Rebel Gina. My only complaint is Boomer, it looks more like Lt. Louanne 'Kat' Katraine. Look at the photos below and tell me what you think?

3061645430706b50354e475a66494678344851-1kat.jpg

Well, I'm thrilled with all this line has to offer so far. I've already pre-ordered everything currently available and am anxiously awaiting even more. That being said, am I the only one who thinks all the common/variant figures should be paired with Cylons? If you're going to buy two two-packs in order to get the variant, at least let us do some army building at the same time. Just a suggestion, and in no way meant as a criticism of the wonderful efforts we have received this year.

Agreed: the figure opposite to the chase should be an army builder, i.e. a Cylon of some stripe. Wave 1 is perfect; Wave 3 is not too bad with an extra Helo, because a simple head swap can get you a background officer. But a second President Baltar? Maybe I can use him as Head Baltar for Caprica, or swap parts and make a random civilian.