UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombie Minimates Confirmed With Pics

AdyCarter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and gentlemen, we have entered the GOLDEN AGE of Minimates! You'll be telling you kids, "it all started with the announcement of DC mates, the Cylons hit us, then we saw the pics of the Thor wave and the Zombies, then they released the Robomates, the ones that could move by themselves and eventually learned to feel human emotions.... we were all surprised when the UN announced that all wars would be solved on miniature battlefields by pitting armies of robot minimates against each other. But no one was shocked when the Robomates turned on their creators. Of course, their robot revolt didn't last very long - we just stepped on them, and that was that! Now go fetch Grandpa a Slurm."

So both Spidey 3 and MZ are box sets not waves! Thats a bit of a gutter. Does anyone know if after the avengers wave, are we going complete box sets? Thats cool if so, but cant handle both box sets and waves coming out including different mates!!!! Especially being in the good ol' uk where we get half the stuff and that is 3 months. late!! My little brain cant handle this many things coming out!!!

But I am supporting these, would just like everything to stick as waves of 7 figures and a chase (who here does not want an Ash chase from the new series!)

Yuck. Really, I know I probably seem prissily effeminate, and I'm very much alone on this, but these are just plain nasty. Minimates are supposed to be cute (IMO). Does NO ONE think the entire concept of Marvel Zombies is disturbing and nasty? DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND ME. I AM NOT TRYING TO "EVANGELIZE" YOU PEOPLE AWAY FROM MZ. AND I DON'T THINK ANY LESSER OF THOSE OF YOU WHO DO READ IT. I just think it's a little HORRORfying, myself. And, my completist inside is yelling in protest because my mom will never let me get these. :P

I'm sheltered. Does it show? :lol:

And I wonder how the lucky blaggard is feeling that won that MINI_MYTE Ash custom! :D

Actually, I hate zombies. I really hate them and if you ask me vampires are way better than zombies (it seems in some people's eyes, vampires and zombies have a relationship simular to pirates and ninjas). Anyway, I picked up this mini series and loved it. It was a nice spin on both Zombies and Marvel comics.

If there's anything, I'm dissapointed they aren't using Black Panther or Ant Man as both of them played an important role in the series (I'd love to get a minimate of Black Panther with the replacement limbs). Heck, if they throw in both of them they could turn this into Wave 17.

So both Spidey 3 and MZ are box sets not waves! Thats a bit of a gutter.

I agree. As a fellow Brit I don't know how easy it would be for me to get them in the UK. But, like I said elsewhere, if I see them and have enough money, I have every intention to pick them up.

If there's anything, I'm dissapointed they aren't using Black Panther or Ant Man as both of them played an important role in the series (I'd love to get a minimate of Black Panther with the replacement limbs). Heck, if they throw in both of them they could turn this into Wave 17.

Caracal, I think they chose those 5(Hulk, Power Man, Wolverine, Captain America and Spider-Man) because all of them have already had a regular version made. They did that to avoid backlash. For example: If they made a Zombie Hawkeye before a Regular Hawkeye, there would be a fair amount of people pissed off. I know I would be one of those people.

If these are popular, there's always the chance they'll do more. Maybe they could do a two-pack of Hawkeye pre & post zombification? Seems like that could answer a lot of people's desires.

I was just reading the Toyfare writeup on the Marvel Zombies, and there's actually a sixth "character" in the box set:

Minimates of Zombie Hulk, Cap, Luke Cage, Wolverine and Spidey. They’ll have clear parts to show where the flesh has been stripped away, and they’ll come with the Wasp’s head as an accessory!

Looks like we're getting our first Wasp minimate (or at least a head)!

Of course, this isn't exactly breaking new ground:

zombiepanther.jpg

Wow, Spearox--I am REALLY glad I'm not only one. And Victor, I don't need to steal money from my mom (I have plenty) but I may wind up buying them without showing her. Maybe. When do these come out, by the way? And, IS Huly wearing a chestpiece, or is it just my eyes?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have entered the GOLDEN AGE of Minimates! You'll be telling you kids, "it all started with the announcement of DC mates, the Cylons hit us, then we saw the pics of the Thor wave and the Zombies, then they released the Robomates, the ones that could move by themselves and eventually learned to feel human emotions.... we were all surprised when the UN announced that all wars would be solved on miniature battlefields by pitting armies of robot minimates against each other. But no one was shocked when the Robomates turned on their creators. Of course, their robot revolt didn't last very long - we just stepped on them, and that was that! Now go fetch Grandpa a Slurm."

Hahaha. That cracked me up. Yes, we are in a Golden Age.