UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The "Target & Rerelease" figure variation thread!

AdyCarter

Were the colors on anyone else's Target 2-Pack Riot Attack Spider-Man a lot darker than normal?

I looked around to see if this had been mentioned anywhere else, but didn't see anything.

The one I bought today has almost yellow eyes and his costume is maroon and dark purple-ish blue.

Just curious since the packaging shows the regular red and blues.

Were the colors on anyone else's Target 2-Pack Riot Attack Spider-Man a lot darker than normal?

I looked around to see if this had been mentioned anywhere else, but didn't see anything.

The one I bought today has almost yellow eyes and his costume is maroon and dark purple-ish blue.

Just curious since the packaging shows the regular red and blues.

Yeah, all three releases (Target, TRU, LCS) of the Riot Spider-Man have had the darker colors. It's unfortunate, because I do prefer the Spider-man on the back of the box to that actual figure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a little surprised to see no mention of the Astonishing X-men Cyclops facial variations.

i was under the impression that the one in the TRU 4-pack has a straight-face, as opposed to the snarly faced one from the two-packs.

'course... as a friend of mine found out recently, much to his horror; the Target re-release of the Astonishing Two-packs, features the straight-faced Cyclops on the box... but inside is the same old snarly-face.

Is the TRU 4-pack a similar situation? is there no straight-faced variation of the figure?

Oooh, I'd love to hear one of you completists weigh in on this way. The array of Cyclops has long ago confused me; I can no longer display my X-Men without first checking MiniMates Central.

I'm a little surprised to see no mention of the Astonishing X-men Cyclops facial variations.

i was under the impression that the one in the TRU 4-pack has a straight-face, as opposed to the snarly faced one from the two-packs.

'course... as a friend of mine found out recently, much to his horror; the Target re-release of the Astonishing Two-packs, features the straight-faced Cyclops on the box... but inside is the same old snarly-face.

Is the TRU 4-pack a similar situation? is there no straight-faced variation of the figure?

I only have the TRU version and he is "snarly-faced."

The confusion might come from the pic on the back of the packs where all the figs are together and Cyke has a calm face. but I dont recall any actual mates with dif faces.... anyone got photo's of actual figs to back it up?

Erm... can anyone verify the TRU packs? I had one and thought it had the same face?

I haven't seen a ASM Cyclops target pack, someone please feel free to correct me on that one.

I thought it was Kitty/Beast, Wolverine/Collosus, GR/DD and BDSpidey/Spiderwoman only?

T.

The confusion might come from the pic on the back of the packs where all the figs are together and Cyke has a calm face. but I dont recall any actual mates with dif faces.... anyone got photo's of actual figs to back it up?

Erm... can anyone verify the TRU packs? I had one and thought it had the same face?

I haven't seen a ASM Cyclops target pack, someone please feel free to correct me on that one.

I thought it was Kitty/Beast, Wolverine/Collosus, GR/DD and BDSpidey/Spiderwoman only?

T.

I haven't seen a Cyclops Target 2-pack either.

And, like I said, the only Astonishing Cyclops I have is from the TRU pack. He has the same face with the teeth showing.

There has not been an AXM Target pack. I'm thinking the confusion is either the LCS 2-packs to the TRU 4-packs or the Darktide sets to the LCS 2-packs. As TBT has stated, pics will have to be shown.

The thing about the pictures on the box is, they don't always show exactly what's inside. I for one was a bit disappointed when I opened the Target Ghost Rider/Daredevil box and found that the actual figure did not have the chain link belt.

Maybe for the picture of Cyke, they used some other character's non-grimacing head?

yeah, it's entirely possible it's just the box-art that shows the non-snarly face. In fact... i just double checked my own LCS-bought 2-pack box, and it is indeed the straight-face on the box... (which, apparently i didn't notice when i made the purchase initially)

Here's a couple photos i was able to google of the straight-faced AXM Cyke' (i'll note however, that none of these are actually out-of-the-package photos taken by a collector. the only non-box Cyke is clearly a promotional.)

Cyclops and White Queen

TRU 4-pack boxes

2-pack box cover

I suppose i just assumed the TRU 4-pack had a variation since the New Avengers 4-pack had the angry-face Spider-woman... (and BOY was i glad to see her show up in a 2-pack at Target, i long ago missed the boat on the 4-packs... and eBay is no good for little variations like that... it's ridiculously difficult to search for "angry face variant minimate")

Sounds like it's just a production thing then... glad to know there isn't a AXM Cyclops variant out there i was missing after all! :biggrin:

(in fact... closer inspection leads me to believe they simply used the Classic X-men Cyclops head for the box-art, as the chin-squiggle looks "astonishingly" similar)