UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Possible Giant Civil War Spoiler, or insane misdirection

AdyCarter

Hmm, would make sense with Marvel saying the preview pages for Mighty Avengers aren't final, but I can't see how in 1 to 2 issues how they could get to that. And that also makes you wonder why he's not on New, with the rest of his team mates.

Woa!

**Possible Spoiler**

The current rumor running around the Internet is that Iron Man kills Captain America at the end of Civil War. It seems Mary Jane and Cap may be on the short list to die this year.

This book seems to indicate Captain America becomes Iron Man. How the hell does that happen?

HUH?! - As they say in starwars... I've got a bad feeling about this...

Marvel seem to be struggling with direction...let along misdirection :P Cool image though :P

I think it screams "What if" tale to me rather than actualy continuity.

Although... "In the final battle of the civil war Stark has an epiphany, realises he's gone way over the line and decides to make ammends. He decides that he can only fight the new laws in the courtrooms and therefore doesn't have time for the 'suit' anymore... Cap isn't given a pardon so is 'hidden in the suit' as Ironman to enable him to fight the good fight..." or some such nonsense :P

BTW I could actually whip up one of those customs fairly quickly... I have most of the designwork I'd just have to check on parts and repaint :P

T.

p.s. is is just me or does IM look way cooler in Blue/White ;)

Steve Rogers could be Ronin or Iron Man? Or both? Does that mean Steve Rogers is on both Mighty Avengers and New Avengers? And appears in both Iron Man and Captain America titles? Nah, only Spider-Man and Wolverine have that magical power to appear everywhere at once. I wonder if there will be a Captain America: Tony Stark...

I'm thinking this:

Iron Man beats Cap to a bloody pulp and leaves him for dead at the end of Civil War.

Zemo(?) shows up and rescues his arch-nemesis.

The Thunderbolts steal one of Iron Man's armors and Zemo's Fixer does some modifications.

Cap dons the Iron Buster armor and tears Tony a new one.

Since your guys' spoilers seem to be out in the open... :P :

An Amazon User Review:

After searching through rubble that was once MARVELs offices I came across this gem. Stupid doesn't begin to describe this. If you thought Spider-Man being revealed to be one of Scott Summers alternate future children who got throw in the past shortly after birth was stupid...Oh, that's a few years off, sorry for spoiling.

Was this guy kidding? Jeez laweez, I cannot BEGIN to tell you I how much I hope he is! :blink:

I think I'm the moron for thinking that was at all true. :(

Back on topic, I love that suit. It would make a GREAT Minimate. It seems like I've heard of this book someplace else, I know, but I don't remember where. Has this already come out?

Tony Stark's gonna be the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. when this whole thing is over....

I guess he wanted somebody else to take over IronMan... Rather than Cap be a wanted criminal for his crimes against the States, Stark does this...

I cannot tell you how happy that picture makes me.

I STILL can't believe that the Avengers, after all the stuff they've gone through as friends, or any Super Heroes for that matter, would beat each other into bloody pulps over what is basically just a fairly large difference of opinion! :o

Forgive me if I'm horribly, horribly wrong about the entire Civil War itself. I actually haven't read any of the comics. :blush:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WILL GIVE UP ON MARVEL IF CAP DIES!!!! o and i think that prof xaiver will come back and mind wipe everyone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HATE U :ironman2: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if cap takes iron mans suit i will be ok cuz that'll be tizzite!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WILL GIVE UP ON MARVEL IF CAP DIES!!!! o and i think that prof xaiver will come back and mind wipe everyone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HATE U :ironman2: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if cap takes iron mans suit i will be ok cuz that'll be tizzite!!!!!

No more Sugar Smacks in the morning for you, Energy-Man... :tongue:

But yeah, if Cap dies that'll be lame. Especially if they use a storyline like "The Other" to resurrect him.

No more Sugar Smacks in the morning for you, Energy-Man... :tongue:

But yeah, if Cap dies that'll be lame. Especially if they use a storyline like "The Other" to resurrect him.

but i really hope cap takes iron-man's suit. that'll be awsome. and when u click the link that adycarter put up, the link said somthing like iron-man-rogers, sooooooo, he'll prolly bust him up and take his suit or there be a new What If series.

GO CAP!!!!

p.s. look at the title, IronMan: Steve Rogers!!!

Oh my god... enough with the clones already. Even Thor was too much. :sick:

<---- shoots self in face. :wallbash:

If there is any truth to any of this, Heaven help us:

We learn that Tony stark was never in the iron man suit!! From the beginning Steve Rogers was Iron MAN and Stark was just the public image/persona. Rogers was never frozen after WW2, It turns out that was his clone, part of the super soldier program (I guess they had cloning tech back in the 40's).

I'm guessing Stark and the Real Steve rogers will reveal this to the cloned Rogers at the end of CW.

Whoever OKed this stupid retconn should be fired. The art was pretty good though, Zircher does classic superheroes right.

Looks like Iron Cap is a simple repaint of Modern Iron Man. If we ever got one in minimate form, the other could be easily achieved with a little paint.

As far as what the cover means, it could be anything at this point. Given how Iron Man and Cap both have their own series, I doubt either would die in Civil War. If Tony truly takes time off as Iron Man, then its entirely possible that Steve could take up the armored guise. It wouldn't make much sense though, considering that for Steve to get the armor, he'd have to be pardoned for his "crimes", but if he was pardoned, then he could continue to be Captain America. My head hurts...

Text for the image says...

"Tony Stark, director of S.H.I.E.L.D. It's day one of a new role for Tony as he takes up the mantle of the missing Nick Fury to lead S.H.I.E.L.D. into the 21st century! But what does this mean for the future of Iron Man? Collects Iron Man #15-18. "

T.

Oh my god... enough with the clones already. Even Thor was too much. :sick:

<---- shoots self in face. :wallbash:

If there is any truth to any of this, Heaven help us:

We learn that Tony stark was never in the iron man suit!! From the beginning Steve Rogers was Iron MAN and Stark was just the public image/persona. Rogers was never frozen after WW2, It turns out that was his clone, part of the super soldier program (I guess they had cloning tech back in the 40's).

I'm guessing Stark and the Real Steve rogers will reveal this to the cloned Rogers at the end of CW.

Whoever OKed this stupid retconn should be fired. The art was pretty good though, Zircher does classic superheroes right.

i cant tell, did this really happen or are u just tellin us ur hypothesis? this no offence but this would very much turn me off of marvel.