UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pocket Superheroes JLA table

MisterPL

I'm logging in for a quick reply.

Short answer: Yes. They work perfectly.

I've been buying these up on Ebay as I've found them. I expect the value to skyrocket once the DC 'mates hit. Just keep in mind that you do NOT get the Batman or Superman chairs with the table pack. You need to buy the Batman and Superman deluxe packs to find those chairs.

I advise all of you to grab these while you can. They will get very hard to find.

emmadance.jpg

Just keep in mind that you do NOT get the Batman or Superman chairs with the table pack. You need to buy the Batman and Superman deluxe packs to find those chairs.

Anybody got pics of those? I need to know what to look for! :D A price for not only those but also the Martian Manhunter one would be great, too. :)

I don't see Batman or Superman sitting at a table anyway. Batman would stand in the darkest corner he could find with his back to the wall while Superman would hover over the table like a Crayola piñata.

Nice pic. You should put a pole in the table. Just a thought. B)

:mutter: And here I was going to pawn mine off on Fujis... :D

Actually, to any and all interested, it's actually a fun purchase, even if it doesn't fit 2" mates exactly. Very useful for any one who collects mini figs.

Very usable, but not a made-for fit.

Maybe I'm just deluded - I still think these ARE a made-for perfect fit.

BTW: Great pics Cappy. You always have great pics.

They fit for a couple reasons, in my opinion:

1. Minimates have a blocky cuteness. That cuteness is enhanced by the oversized table.

2. At relative size for 2" Minimates, the JLA table is big and roomy for our Minimate Justice League. It's a visual focal point which expresses gravatis, which I think the JLA has. I just can't see our little buddies defending the Multiverse on a small table. They need a BIG table for a BIG team.

3. I am ignoring the fact that our Minimate JLA would need a step stool to get into these chairs. I just think smaller chairs would look ... less... heroic.

I haven't put a full team around my table yet for comparison, so maybe I'm just being deluded. I still think it looks best with the 2" Minimate. I can't wait until I get my hands on those new DC Minimates. :thumbsup:

McCoy=Stern boss. :biggrin: Nice pics. Can those chairs swivel? I mean, it would be cool if everyone is sitting at the table and then Flash comes in and Batman swivels around and says "Late again, Flash. Tsk, tsk, that's four times this week".

Glomit

I bought one of these tables also when C3 first began hitting, but it has been in storage since the line was cancelled. I've always planned on adding the Batman and Superman chairs as well, but couldn't justify the price for just the chairs alone(the figures are worthless to me). Also, there is only space for the number of chairs provided; if two are added, then two must be removed and all of the caped (and winged in the case of an essential Hawkman or Hawkgirl) would have a difficult time sitting without removing their long rigid capes I'd imagine. Either way, I'll still hang on to it, but I'm afraid that the idea may be better than the practical use.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I really want the table now. I've been watching Ebay and nothing. I even tried a couple of the usual online toys outlets and all out of stock. Does anyone have any leads on just the main table set? I think I can get the Superman and Batman sets pretty easily still but that main Martian Manhunter with Table set is no where to be found. Maybe I don't know the right places to look.. ? who knows. Thanks in advance to anyone that can give me a heads up...

C.Dub

I picked this up a few months back when the DCD Mates were announced :thumbsup: I'm kind of bummed I need to pick up the Batman and Superman packs to get my remaining chairs, but it might be worth it in the end. While I will agree with MPL's assessment of Bat's and Supe's, it doesn't mean they wouldn't have a chair :tongue: Guess I'll be on the lookout for these after I catch up on my required reading in the forums :D

Very usable, but not a made-for fit.

Maybe I'm just deluded - I still think these ARE a made-for perfect fit.

BTW: Great pics Cappy. You always have great pics.

They fit for a couple reasons, in my opinion:

1. Minimates have a blocky cuteness. That cuteness is enhanced by the oversized table.

2. At relative size for 2" Minimates, the JLA table is big and roomy for our Minimate Justice League. It's a visual focal point which expresses gravatis, which I think the JLA has. I just can't see our little buddies defending the Multiverse on a small table. They need a BIG table for a BIG team.

3. I am ignoring the fact that our Minimate JLA would need a step stool to get into these chairs. I just think smaller chairs would look ... less... heroic.

I haven't put a full team around my table yet for comparison, so maybe I'm just being deluded. I still think it looks best with the 2" Minimate. I can't wait until I get my hands on those new DC Minimates. :thumbsup:

I don't think it looks bad - I personally think the 3" fits just a bit better. Any chance of getting a pic of Flash standing next to the table - maybe between the table and chair (along with McCoy and Strider for scale)? As others have mentioned, I doubt that I'd want Batman sitting at the table yukking it up with the rest of the League, so I'd like to see how he'd look standing next to it/looming over it. If (as I suspect) his shoulder just barely reaches above the top of the table, it would probably be a no go for me.

Hey Vox, I'd counsel patience in this case. Generally, there are a multiple listings for the table set on eBay, so just give it a couple more weeks. Do NOT spend a big amount on it, because this is definitely one of those items that, if you're patient, you can get a good deal.

Reideen, I'll see what I can do for the picture, but your guess is fairly accurate.

Hey Vox, I'd counsel patience in this case. Generally, there are a multiple listings for the table set on eBay, so just give it a couple more weeks. Do NOT spend a big amount on it, because this is definitely one of those items that, if you're patient, you can get a good deal.

Reideen, I'll see what I can do for the picture, but your guess is fairly accurate.

Cappy, if my mental image is pretty close, then I'm good. Thanks for the confirmation!

pshs2zoommirror.jpg

For those who have picked these up, what's the plastic pieces in between the figures in the packaging? Here's a pic of it to help, illustrate what I'm looking at ;) It isn't a chair at the bottom is it? Just curious, since it seemed weird. For those looking for them, there are some pretty good deals in some of the sellers online stores. I've seen the JLA set and Superman, but not Batman just yet.

pshs2zoommirror.jpg

For those who have picked these up, what's the plastic pieces in between the figures in the packaging? Here's a pic of it to help, illustrate what I'm looking at ;) It isn't a chair at the bottom is it? Just curious, since it seemed weird. For those looking for them, there are some pretty good deals in some of the sellers online stores. I've seen the JLA set and Superman, but not Batman just yet.

Those are stands to hold the cardboard-backdrops for each figure.

• 2 weeks later...

I tracked down a good price on the Superman set. I'll donate the figures to the kids and keep the chair. Now to see how patient I can be watching ebay for the table and chairs set. (quite a few batman sets out there too.. but seem a bit expensive.. I think I'll have to show some patience there as well)

Great find everybody.. yet another reason I visit this forum.

Vox