UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's your favorite other toy/toyline?

Deadpool

So, tell me what toy line you would totally recommend I ask for for Christmas. Just name your favorite line, and the best toys in it (not Minimates).

Also, I really need to know fast, thanks!

This is going to be a TOTAL shocker, but my favorite toy line is LEGO. I know, nobody would have ever guessed that, but it's true. :)

The minifigs (though not as posable as minimates) are cool and some of the sets LEGO has produced in the past year or so are incredible. Just look at any of the Batman or Exo-Force sets and you'll see what I mean.

Honorable mention goes to GI Joe Sigma 6. Cool sculpts and great posability add up to a cool toy line. The 3 3/4" purists hate it, but that's what purists do, right? Standouts include Zartan, Lt. Stone, Tunnel Rat, Destro, and the first issue Storm Shadow.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either of these lines.

G.I. Joe Sigma 6!

Hands down my favorite, non-Minimate line... Either 8" or 2.5", I couldn't care less. Each of the lines are awesome in themselves.

If you're looking for awesome, highly possable, huge action figures, go with the 8" Lt. Stone or the first Snake-eyes. Firefly is an awesome figure too.

On the 2.5" side of things, they're some of the best vehicles out there. I'm enjoying these more than I did the 3.75" rides when i was a kid. The Dragonhawk is awesome! Plus, Target's got it for like $20 now. The Hiss Tank is cool as hell too... So's the Night Ops Vamp.

I would go with Sideshow collectibles 12" Star Wars line, it might be a bit on the expensive side (50$ a figure), but the detail is really nice and well made. I bought Obi-wan and an Anakin and I must say they look very nice displayed. Also, Sideshow collectibles now has a Lord of The Rings 12" line which I saw Aragorn and I must say, he has a lot of detail :). I also like the Star Wars Hasbro line there a good price and theres plenty of Vehicles you can buy tons of army builders and other things you could buy B):D .

The modern Star Wars figures are cool. One of my sosns loves them.

I just picked up the black suit Spiderman from the new Spiderman Origins line. Very cool and fairly reminiscent of the old Mego figures.

Lego sets are an old staple that just never get old. I wasn't sure my sons would be into that big box of bricks I recently aquired, but they tore into them this last weekend and built all kinds of cool stuff.

Women & Beer! :)

T.

p.s. if you are under 21 do not ask your parents for these for xmas :D

Too late; I already did! My daddy said If I was good, ALL through December... :D

Ahem. As for your probem, Deadpool, I agree with the guys. There just isn't much else out there in terms of toys. I myself am hoping for the R2-D2 Mr. Potato Head, but I'm thinking I am unique. But, I also REALLY want the Sigma 6 Costco Exclusive Box Set, which includes the Dragonhawk set, the Mission: Ocean Attack set, and the Mission: Circuit Breaker set, all for $19.97. I've held it in my hands and beheld its glory...I just hope its under the tree when the time comes. ;)

i liked the transformers with the mini ones that could transform into accesories for a bigger ones

Armada perhaps ?

Mine is pretty simple, it's got to be Transformers. Although judging by the figures for the film next year, i won't be spending a lot so maybe time to start picking up the rest of the ALT's and start on the Classics lines...

i liked the transformers with the mini ones that could transform into accesories for a bigger ones

Minicons. He means Minicons. From the Armada line. They actually still have them, sort of, in the form of Transformers Classics Mini-Dinobot Team. They have it in stock at stuckakid, I think. They're are also a few others. Here it is:

post-353-1166131767_thumb.jpg

Yeah, pretty much LEGO. There are Star Wars Miniatures, but their minor setback is that they have absoloutley NO range of motion......unless you bend them.

I do remember having a lot of fun with those Thing Fists, I just wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of a punch with one of those things.

Glomit

Minicons. He means Minicons. From the Armada line. They actually still have them, sort of, in the form of Transformers Classics Mini-Dinobot Team. They have it in stock at stuckakid, I think. They're are also a few others. Here it is:

that looks friggin owesome dude :D