UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sell through?

Speed Racer Minimates have been out for months now. I was just wondering how these things were selling in everyone's respective areas.

At $11.99, the 4-packs are collecting dust at my TRU. I can't imagine these thing won't be clearanced by the end of the season, not that they're taking up a lot of space (two pegs, tops). Then again, maybe they'll be sent to other stores where they might be selling better.

Not seeing a lot of action with the other Speed Racer sets either (action figure or 'mates with vehicles).

There are Speed Racer 4-packs?

The mate with car sets are selling pretty good in Greenville. Or at least every time I've checked the pegs, the sets have been shuffled at least, giving me some suggestion that they are moving with new stock taking the place of the old. I know originally it was on a single peg, but it swelled to two pegs, and a lot of the stock they had stashed in the overhead bin has vanished.

No, he means the SFII 4-Packs.

Yup, my bad. Getting those colorful properties confused.

I've also noticed that TRU is merchandising these in the same area now. The Marvel sets used to be with the other Marvel toys but now the Minimates (Marvel, Speed Racer, and SFII) are hanging on adjacent pegs AWAY from the other Marvel product.

I recall similar issues with C3 and Stikfas having a tough time finding a "home" at TRU, sometimes being merchandised with everything from model kits and die cast vehicles to construction sets and action figures. Has anyone noticed that's the case with Minimates this time around?

The Speed Racer Minimates are not moving at my TRU. They keep losing shelf space, but I don't think anyone has bought any besides me.

The SFII Minimates have sold slowing. They're down to 5 of the original 12 that they started with months ago.

The big surrpise has been the Marvel Minimates. TRU got about 30 of each, and I was expecting to buy a bunch when they went on clearance months later. But they've sold a lot of them in the last month or so - holiday shoppers, I guess.

As for store placement, the Marvel Minimates are hanging next to the Marvel Legends. The Speed Racer & SFII mates are the next aisle over.

My TRU has none of the minis together. Speed Racer is and has been gone. SFII are getting dusty. So are new(er) Marvel packs.

Same. Speed is gone an nowhere to be found at 4 of my nerarest TRUs. I have more in my house. :P

Some SF/Marvel are available, I've also seen them restocked.

It looked like they had restocked the Marvel 4 packs last night. I bought 5 of each set and put them in Toys 4 Tots bin. My shopping is officially done for 2007. Still no Wii, but there is always the birthdays...

• 1 month later...

Last time I was at the TRU in Kalamazoo their Minimates stock was abysmally low. They had the Astonishing X-Men 4-pack (I passed because the box was mangled, didn't know if someone stole one or what), two Speed Racer sets (both Speed, no Racer X), five or six copies of the Darktide DVD set, and my lucky find: a Street Fighter four pack clearance to $2.99 'cuz someone spilled blue paint on it.

• 3 weeks later...