UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Basement24's Custom Control Art!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks Great! Always was a fan of your prequal Obi-Wan. A classic series seems like a great idea... Who's next?

Man, those rock so great. Batwoman is still my favorite. The looks better than she does in the comic.

Off topic, you knwo what irritates me about her the mose? The way DC is treating her. I's not "shes a super hero that fights crime and lives for justice. he personality is she likes chocolate, boxing and is a lesbian". That'd be fin. They have a few like that that I'm okay with. But no. They're treating it like "L@@K!!! A gurl that kisses gurlz!!! 4 BOOBiES!!!!" And that's just degrading to the character and the readers.

:BIC

those rock, great job, i really like the iron spidey and blue beetle. exellent detal on all of them.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone!

TBT - Don't worry, the AI files are all saved! :)

TM2 Dinobot - That's sadly too true. I love all things Batman, even the new Batwoman design, but I'm worried for the legitimacy of the character beyond the Lesbian 'shock-value' that they gave the press.

Here's my next SW one, in the Return of the Jedi Series. Last one of the SW series for a bit, I'm working on some "It came from the Basement" mates (not saying what though, sorry!) and a few other freelance things. If some free time comes up though, I want to get the main cast in their major outfits done over time. Maybe some more Prequel Mates as well! But for now, here's Princess Leia from the Sail Barge!

princess-leia-sail-barge.jpg

Drewl.... that's one superhot minimate! oh god I 've turned into Danny!!

T.

Get down with the sickness!!!

Another absolutely spot-on concept custom. And it's hotter than Tattooine's twin suns. Wowzer!

yo T, how about a mini Nervous to go with that Leia ;)

Art imitating life huh?

in case anyone is wondering.... Nervous is the one on the Left!

and yes forcing (yeah right!) Nervous to have his pic taken with her was just my cheap ploy to get the girl to hang around a bit longer!

Josh.jpg

T.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Looks like it'll be hard to top Leia. Unless I just throw everyone into a metal bikini!

I posted this in the Crisis forum with the discussion of Penny Arcade Minimates, but I thought I'd put it in my own thread as well.

And before anyone asks (since someone who saw me making these already did...) I figure Tycho's eyebrows would actually be sculpted onto the hairpiece, and Gabe's would be printed on the face.

tycho-penny-arcade.jpg

gabe-penny-arcade.jpg

:jawdrop:

More greatness from you! WOW, that Luke....

and of course Leia :wub:

Fantastic work, it's great to see you back!

Also, is there any way you could do some Battlestar Galactica minimate designs from the new show? I just don't think the new Apollo mini coming out looks like him, and would LOVE to see your take. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Usually I try to avoid characters that have already been done, unless there's an alternate style (ie Batman by different artists) or costume to put them in. Any of the mates I have on my site that are now official mates (Cassandra Cain Batgirl, for instance) were designed before there was even word of the official one.

Here are the designs I made for the July "It Came From the Basement" article, now that they are posted on the main page. I'm really proud of my August ones as well (stay tuned) and my to-do list is stacking up nicely with some good ideas!

THE INVICIBLE 4-PACK

invincible.jpg

INVINCIBLE

omniman.jpg

OMNIMAN

immortal.jpg

IMMORTAL

atom-eve.jpg

ATOM EVE

Thanks for looking!