UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Basement24's Custom Control Art!

Here's my GI Joe art from the newest "It Came From The Basement" article. Included here is the 'bonus' original Scarlet I had designed, but scrapped because she was from the "America's Elite" GI Joe, and the rest were classic to semi-classic Joe. (They were actually mainly taken from Dan Jurgen's art in the first Frontline story arc.)

Anyway, here you go!

gi-joe-storm-shadow.jpg

STORM SHADOW

gi-joe-cobra-commander.jpg

COBRA COMMANDER

gi-joe-snake-eyes.jpg

SNAKE EYES

gi-joe-destro.jpg

DESTRO

gi-joe-duke.jpg

DUKE

gi-joe-scarlet.jpg

SCARLET

gi-joe-scarlet-elite.jpg

SCARLET - AMERICA'S ELITE

Thanks for lookin'!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite thing about the 'joe mates is that they are all simple and they hold that quality that makes a minimate what its supposed to be

you took what could have been an overly detailed character like Cobra Commander and minimate-ized him just about perfectly!!

Great Job as always

• 4 weeks later...

Since September's "It Came From The Basement..." has now been posted, I thought I would post my images in here as well! Here they are, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

A number of things went into 'creating' these. First, I figured the shell should be an entirely body-encompasing piece. The shell on the back would be attached to the underbelly (or chest) part instead of having a printed torso piece. It would be attached around the body with the belt, and would sit on the shoulders with a torso-coloured pair of suspenders.

The masks would also be separate pieces. It was decided early on that these incarnations would be based on their first appearance, so they are all red instead of the animated Red, Orange, Blue and Purple. The mouth expressions are taken directly from some of thir comic appearances. Three of them have basically become the standard mouth shape for them now, but Leonardo's was taken directly from an original pinup.

That's it for this month, stay tuned for more, and a few bonus projects in between as well!

tmnt-leonardo.jpg

LEONARDO

tmnt-donatello.jpg

DONATELLO

tmnt-michelangelo.jpg

MICHELANGELO

tmnt-raphael.jpg

RAPHAEL

Those are sweet my'man... I want them as 'Mates, NOW!

I love that they're all in the red. I always wanted to do that with my TMNT figures when I was younger, but the paint I used on the first one was enamel, and it didn't dry... If I only knew then, what I know now.

I loved them when I first saw them and they just keeping growing on me! I think a four-pack of these would be sweet!

Here's a picture that I created using Barry's designs for the article over at the HQ. I think some of y'all have seen it.

TMNTminimates_by_Basement24jpg.jpg

Nice! I like the Turtles!

BTW: How sweet would it be if DST made a Sewer Playset like the one in Fujis pic?

• 2 weeks later...