UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead Ending

So, as I was surfing the interwebs I came across some interesting articles about the ending of the Walking Dead. In terms of the comics, Robert Kirkman has said that he knows how and when he wants it to end. In terms of the TV show, the producers have said they can go to at least season 12.

The Wallkng Dead is definatly my favourite ongoing comic series, so I'll be sad to see that go. I don't think the shows been as good as it could be lately, but I'm excited to see certain characters/story archs adapted into the show.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Pedro Pablumo

you guys do know they are going to end the show (as it is, sometime soon) and have a spinoff. right?

The spin-off is supposedly supposed to come out next year, I think?

Now why would they end a show that's so successful?

It's not like the actors can't be written off if they become too expensive. That's the best part of a show about zombies; the expendable (IE - affordable) cast.

Yeah, plus the actors are underpaid. Well, I say underpaid but they get around $90,000 an episode- compared to other TV Shows, though, that's nothing.

Kirkman has stated The Walking Dead wont end until his kids have been through college.

But really, it's got legs for a long time yet...

I read in an interview that Kirkman would ideally like the comics to run for around 400 issues. We're on, what, issue 135 now? With 12 issues a year, it's going to be a very long time before it ends. Edited by Pedro Pablumo

Knowing HOW it ends and the actual series ending are two very different things. I wouldn't say it'll be over anytime soon at all. (Granted, it should have ended a while ago, but i digress)

Regarding the show, that's not ending anytime soon. The spin-off will run concurrent with the existing one, very likely during the midseason break like MArvel is doing with Agent Carter. Whoever told you that, Ninja Mate, is sorely mistaken.