UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Translucent Mates Breaking Down?

Thanks to the TRU purge and the need to spend $49 to get free shipping, I got a few of the dirt-cheap Ghostbusters Video Game 4-packs. For all three of my packs, the translucent figures and the clear Chef's stands were really, really gummy. For the figure, the chest blocks,and legs weren't as bad, but the hands and feet especially were quite gummy and sticky. IIRC, the stand was originally clear, but the ones I got looked like they were yellowing and again were quite sticky. Is anyone else noticing breakdown on their older mates?

A while back I had all my mates stored in the little ziploc bags for about a year maybe, and ended up with a few sticky/tacky mates once I took them out again to display, for most of them that kind of went away over time. My biggest losses though were a blue Iceman that's now more of a green Iceman, and a blue Xavier where parts of his suit darkened/yellowed sad.png.

I have noticed a few of my transparent mates hands and heads and sometimes feet feel slightly different than the other pieces.

They are definitely a different plastic and on mine, they seem to have gotten slightly cloudier then the rest of the body.