UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Happy Independence Day to those of us in the US! (To those elsewhere, happy July 4th!)

Thank you to all of those in the miltary (past & present)! Hope everyone's day is filled with BBQ, beer & dangerous (but entertaining) explosives!! thumbsup.gif

post-2123-0-52327100-1372963610_thumb.jp post-2123-0-69661100-1372963627_thumb.jp

I've been driving through Chicago before on the 4th and saw several fireworks show as they reflected off of Lake Michigan. It was awesome.

Oh, and an update that Mary Marvel Minimate has suffered serious burns and a few lost limbs from a series of explosions. I'm sad to report that she did not pull through.

I've been driving through Chicago before on the 4th and saw several fireworks show as they reflected off of Lake Michigan. It was awesome.

Oh, and an update that Mary Marvel Minimate has suffered serious burns and a few lost limbs from a series of explosions. I'm sad to report that she did not pull through.

I want photos! :)

Celebrated my first Independence day while visiting Cape Cod, MA with my wife and our friends. We headed down to the JFK memorial beach for the fireworks display, but the low lying clouds obstructed the view of the official fireworks. Luckily, a couple of the richer beach front property owners put on their own impressive firework show that put the official ones to shame. And these ones we could see pefectly. The night was saved and we had a blast. Thanks for the grand show America. thumbsup.gif

My favorite fireworks show was in San Francisco. Fireworks reflecting off of the bay timed to music playing on a local radio station. But my favorite fireworks experience is watching them with my boys. Nothing tops the wonder and awe in a child's eyes as they watch the sky light up with magic. I enjoy watching them as much as I do the fireworks. :)