UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate prices at your LCS

minimadman

My wife and I are in Atlanta for a few days and we stopped at a comic shop here so I could see if they had any minimates I wanted. There were a few sets I was interested in but they were all priced between $9.99 and $12.99. Is this some sort of normal pricing? The guy had a lot of figures of all brands and properties but they all seemed over priced. I honestly don't know how he is still in business.

Peg warmers for 11.99 is quite a bit. I've only seen Variants selling for a little bit more, never the ones that don't sell all that fast.

9.99 seems to be the norm for a 2 pack and 16.99 - 19.99 for a box set, depending if it is a specialty set or an exclusive.

My LCS doesn't change the price for variants, they all sell for the same rate - although that price is anywhere between $12.99 & 14.99.

By the time you factor in shipping to the equation, getting toys to Australia can be a pricey endeavour (even if they *are* all processed by one of our nearest neighbours - lol).

Our main source of minis sell regular 2-packs at roughly $8, variants sell for $13. An entire wave sells for $16.25.

4-pack boxsets sell for $20-25.

Regular customers get a 10% discount though. :)

My LCS has new (newer) 2-packs for $8.99.

Some older packs (peg warmers) are still at $7.99 (he has not changed the price since displayed; still 1-2 DC ones even).

4-packs are $16.99 - $19.99 range.

This is the same guy who found a Firestar / Iceman pack in a clean up of his inventory 2-3 years ago, and put it out for sale @ $7.99, even though he could have gotten much more on eBay (I bought it, after telling him that - I'm a regular customer, so I guess he didn't mind).

There is another LCS two towns away that has fairly comparable prices, but also sells loose 'mates (in Ziploc bags). This is the only LCS I've seen do that.

Majority of the LCSs I go to sell all their minimates at $8.99, except one does $9.99 for regular and $11.99 for variants(but they give 15% off all single item pre-orders from previews catalog, so I use them for my boxsets). There are a couple I have been to that sell their regular packs at $12.99. I got into a small argument with one of them over prices because he had 3 White Tiger II and Hand Ninja packs just peg warming and a couple of the others from wave 38(this was around the time of MvC wave 2). I feel you can really tell who knows the product (minimates) and who doesn't based on the prices.

my store was at 6.99 for the longest time, half way through the year it shifted to 7.99 which was still reasonable, now with marvel wave 47 its 8.99 and he didnt have the variants anymore (he never overcharges for em) so i dont know if ill continue to shop there, also the walking dead mates are 9.99

the lcs' in my hood seem to charge 8.99 and 9.99, the one NEVER has the variants (he holds them for another customer so I tend to just clean out his army builders) the other shop is 8.99 and charges an extra 3 bucks for the variant pack