UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More Marvel Minimate Qs

pk13

Hello everyone. I'm back with more questions as I weave my way through trying to complete my Marvel collection. Any help is greatly apreciated.

1. I'm missing a basic hand for a Wave 28 Gambit. Looking through the MMDB, I noticed that the Wave 27 Ultimate Iron Man looks to use the same basic hand. Since I don't have that Iron Man yet, can anyone that has both figures confirm if they are the same hand?

2. Next up is the TRU Wave 3 Mark I War Machine. I'm looking at it and the Wave 23 WM on MMDB and can't really see much of a difference other than the TRU one looks a little lighter in color. Is there a difference that I'm missing?

3. This is kind of random, but how does the community view the 2011 NYCC Spider-Man/Fire Chief Max set? More specifically, is this considered more of a promo? I'm looking to complete a Marvel collection that's based off of comic and movie versions. And while I do read a lot of comics, I'm nowhere near up to date with Spider-Man. So I'm not sure if there was an issue where Spidey donned some firefighter gear or if it was more of a promotional thing. Same with the Fire Chief. Not sure if that was a promo/tie in to the M.A.X. line or if it was based on a small character appearance in the comics.

Thanks again for any help!

Regarding your second question, they definitely have different leg/crotch tampos (one wearing undies, one with more of a, er, thong). Seems like they also may have had different chest/back tampos.

I consider promos giveaways, so I would not lump that set (which costed $$) into that category.

Edited by karamazov80

The Spidey/Fire Chief set isn't based on anything in Marvel continuity, however, at least not that I'm aware. Personally, I think it's only of interest if you're an in-package collector, as the fireman is essentially the same as the MAX fireman (I think their ladder companies are different).