UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will Lego Baseplates work for keeping minimates standing

Yep. That's what I use. A LEGO baseplate and I build a step-wise display for them. Brick Link is great for finding what you need. Here is how they look on my display:

DSCN2641-1.jpg

Only real problem is that the figures with no C3 holes (there were a few back in the day), some with oddly sculpted feet, and those with the pirate boots (most of the New Mutants, first appearance X-Men, etc.) won't work very well.

I used to use legos to stand my minimates. But now I have a carry case , so I just put the ther. And the ones that didnt fit (no room in the case) I put them just standing and they dont fall. Most of the ones out of the case are halo minimates so....Yeah.

I use Minimate baseplates sometimes but I have a very small collection so when it finally gets out of hand I will have to buy some legos and have a permanent lego display.

It's almost Halloween. Between now and Christmas, check out Michaels or Hobby Lobby. When they have their Seasonal Village displays, they have a special wax for like $3 that is meant to keep miniatures from falling over. Get a small round object, like the current minimate bases included in the Marvel Vs Capcom series, and wax the foot to the base. This will work for your non-C3 footed figures. Plus it wipes off easily. Everything else with a C3 foot works well enough with Lego, except the ones mentioned in this thread. Great for Halo minimates as well.