UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Power Pack as Minimates?

MST3KFan

So I've really getting into the All-Ages Power Pack comic Marvel and it's been really a fun read with all the various crossovers they have and the excellent artwork done by Gurihiru and thinking to myself how cool it would be to see the team in Minimate form. I know they have a history in the regular Marvel Universe comics as well and that they're occasionally popping up individually here and there still...

I guess though my thoughts on the minimate idea is though...how would they do the characters in minimate form?

They're kids basically and I dunno... Seeing for the upcoming remaining Thundercats minimates sets with Wilykit and Wilykay and how they are on the normal sized minimate bodies it looks a bit...odd to me.

Still would be cool to see something like Power Pack in Marvel Minimates...and given Alpha Flight is getting love now I'd guess anything is possible.

Well both Julie and Alex are currently regulars in different Marvel books (Avengers Academy and FF respectively), and they're pretty much adult-size at this point, so I could see them working as mates, although I guess they'd be unlikely. The classic team would look a bit weird though, as you mention -- my Thunderkittens are going to be displayed seperately from the rest of the T-Cats, so they don't look all gigantic. I think I would've preferred them as sculpted Snarf-cessories.

I like those Gurihiru Power Pack comics too, fun little stories.

Edited by battlecat

The exchangability of minimate parts and accessories definitely works in Power Pack's favor. The kids changed abilities with each other quite a few times. As far as the height issue, Puck is already out of the bag and he looks fine. I say give them all slipper feet and really cutesy-up the faces to make them look younger.

And would we get a Snark army builder and maybe a Kofi in a TRU wave :rolleyes:

The original series was a wonderful comic (which reminds me, I should dig them out for my daughter). This is the type of property that Marvel Studios would be very smart to develop as a kid's show; I could see it being a big hit. I'd love to get Minimates of the Power family, especially if it extended to the parents, as that would mean we'd have de facto Minimates of Walt and Weezie Simonson. :thumbsup:

Solely because of this thread, I'm re-reading Thor and the Warriors Four. It's one of my favorite books of the last decade. I think one day these Power Pack books are going to be a great way to introduce my nephew to comics.

Edited by The Geohound