UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lee's customs.

Lee

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all. I had at last come across the paints I needed while on a trip, I lost them when I came home. So I had to order more Model Master paints on the internet. The green that arrived was to pale for Luigi so I stripped it off the arms that I had painted it on and I then repainted them yellow without thinking, thus Wario became my new project. All of his limbs are painted and his hands and feet (his feet nearly melted). So all that needs done is his labels slapped on and his hat and fat suit sculpted. Also Mario at last has his own arms.

Anyhow here’s my new label sheet for my main three Minimate projects.

maluigfaceset2th.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did a custom that required no sculpting and I had a bunch of black bodies thanks to cheap Dark Tide packs at Target. I doubt any of you remember the Incredible Crash Dummies but they were my favorite toy line when I was little. So here's Slick the main Dummy.

Slicktogether.jpg

Pretty inspiring work. It's amazing what can be achieved with just a blank minimate. I too remember Crash Dummies, though I don't recall that costume. My childhood was filled with different Dummies wearing different colored jumpsuits. The main guys wore gray and blue I think, but I could be wrong.

Thanks. The first set of dummies had Vince and Larry the two from the PSAs as the leads, the thing is Tyco never got the license to make figures of them.

In an attempt to avoid a lawsuit Tyco quickly renamed the line from Vince and Larry the Crash Dummies too The Incredible Crash Dummies they quickly recolored the gray Vince into the white Slick and the light blue Larry into the dark purple Spin.

Later the four dummies got "Pro-Tech" suits plus four new dummies and the evil Junkbots, this is the time when the games, show, and comics came out so that set was my favorite. Yes I'm a hopeless loser that memorizes this stuff.

WAAAAARIO!!! thats pretty cool, but that crash test dummy dus take me back now. I remember I use to have loads of those toys. I remember my favourite was a character who was red and yellow and was built like superman with a large chin. Excellent work on slick, that is one cool minimate ( need a picture of him after a crash though :P )

Bull, the dummy with the inexplicable Texas accent, I have plans for him when I get some plain chest pieces or after I figure out how to make them. I had taken a shot of Slick in pieces came out blurry I'll take a new one once I get Spin done.

• 2 weeks later...

Two new ones.

Spin of the Incredible Crash Dummies:

spin.jpg

And Brocken JR from Kinnikuman, I'm sure some of you know Kinnikuman as M.U.S.C.L.E those little pink guys from the 80's and if you do you most likely don't know Brocken as he was dropped from the American line.

brockenjr.jpg

I had more shots of him but they turned out blurry so this is all for him now.

Yeah, I only knew of Incredible Crash Dummies as the 2004-2006 toy series from Hot Wheels...and Kinnikuman I know as Ultimate Muscle when it aired on the "FoxBox". Nonetheless, very good work, Lee. I especially like the Dummy. As Dragon said, "very inspiring". :)

EDIT: Holy snap I LOVED Ultimate Muscle! Any chances of seeing a minimate of the main character? :woot:

I remember the show ultimate muscle! Wasnt that guy Jeager's dad?

Yes, well in the English translation of the show, just his trainer in the manga and Japanese version of the show.

And thanks Alpheon.

• 4 weeks later...

Heyho.

Kinnikuman:

kinmate.png

As you can see his decals were discolored by my printer and his head one didn't work well. Well he's still a work in progress. Oh and he has a DC like full masks thing.

Sally Acorn:

sallymate.png

Odd one. She was meant to accompany my Sonic minimate but he was delayed, she wasn't so here she is. As you can see more discoloring here. Also she's shorter than a normal mini.

Man that Mario is sweet. haha Good job bud

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work Lee. It's always neat to see what you've come up with next. You always pick some very interesting characters to make.

Thanks! I hope my next ones won't be to obscure for anyone to recognize.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought that Sonic would make a good minimate, but he looks fantastic!

I always work under the idea anything will work as a minimate, not a good idea but it's done fine by me so far. And thanks everyone.