UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Heroes

couldnt find a topic for this (correct me if im wrong)

so for those of you that dont know, a few years ago both Marvel and DC decided to start working on MMO's, both were gonna be giant online games where supposedly you could play as just about every character from their respective universe. DC went on to change this vision and built DCUO, a great character create based game...Marvel cancelled theirs....or so we thought, a while ago control art for characters started popping up on the Marvel blog, a few official announcements later, a teaser poster, and boom Marvel Heroes was back in action, and now, the first trailer:

http://marvel.com/news/story/18769/first_trailer_and_new_details_for_marvel_heroes_mmo

what are everybody's thoughts on this? personally, the graphics look iffy but if its free to play it makes sense, the write up mentions Squirrel Girl and Ka-zar being playable characters, if this is true, who cares about the graphics :P

Looks like an Ultimate Alliance 3. I'll give it a try if they offer a free demo but my free time is limited to spend hours online playing it. Stick mostly to replaying L4D and just picked up Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions the other day at a garage sale for $10. :highfive2:

Like DCUO before it, I'll give it a try. Can't say I'm all thrilled or anything, I've got a Superhero MMO I'm happy with. But make a really good game, and I'm open to having my mind changed.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, if anyone is interested in Marvel Heroes, I'm a beta tester and I have a discount coupon code for 10% off the special presale Founders Packs. the code is good for the first 3 people to use it, here it is up for grabs. 1409-8381-1711-8018

Let me just say Marvel Heroes is epic, if you like Ultimate Alliance at all you will love the game, not to mention the hero and costume collecting aspect should appeal to any minimate collector biggrin.png

Just go to http://founders.marvelheroes.com and punch in the code when you check out.

1409-8381-1711-8018

Edited by kaipo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i've been playing this game since launch, and it is quite enjoyable.. highly recommend to anyone, my username is the same as here if you want to add me