UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I Made a Movie! Love in the Time of Monsters! GET IT ON ITUNES!

funkguerilla

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, so, just in case anyone is interested I'm going to go do my first live interview in about an hour. Should be pretty awesome (or nerve-racking!) and you should totally give it a listen if you're so inclined.

You can find the show here: http://www.digitalproductionbuzz.com/. Things go live, I assume, in an hour and then the show will remain online and easy to find for as long as the site remains active (I'm guessing until the end of time.)

Also Also, my first printed interview will be available next week in Sci Fi Magazine! (WHAT!) I'll try to put up a picture of it after it hits the newsstand, but in the meantime if you're at Barnes and Noble next week, check page 12.

It's a real exciting time for me, I hope you don't mind me sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick update: My magazine interview hit the newsstands this past Tuesday. Check it out!

IMG_0506_zpseddeda38.jpg

SO CRAZY! You guys should find it and give it a read and/or you know, buy it if that's the thing you wanna do with magazines. Things are looking up!

• 2 months later...

Hey! More updates! Now with opportunities to see the thing!

First off, is a special screening in our home away from home, Crescent City on September 7th. If any of y'all are in that area and wanna get in on the action, you can read the details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/412872222156991/. Should be a fun time, plus all the benefits go to charity! So you can see a fun movie and help the less fortunate all at the same time! Everyone wins!

Second, is another 'special preview' in my old stomping grounds on Tucson, AZ as a part of the Arizona Underground Film Festival! I'm super excited for this screening (for purely personal reasons), and if you're not doing anything the night of September 19th, you should come enjoy the night with us. Read more about it and the festival here: http://azuff.org/love-in-a-time-of-monsters

Hopefully that's just the tip of the iceberg. Fingers crossed for more crazy updates in the next few days.

Very cool! Do you have any plans to come to the East Coast? If you want a really cool place to screen your film, you should look into the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville, PA. This is where they filmed The Blob, and every year they have a big festival called BlobFest. I dunno how you get a film booked there, but they do screen independent and cult films all the time. Here's a link:

http://thecolonialtheatre.com/

• 6 months later...

Things are really heating up for LOVE IN THE TIME OF MONSTERS.

First, we got a totally boss new poster:

50Kh7m8.jpg

Right? Awesome!

Second, we just came out with a music video that's pretty rad:

Finally (and most importantly), we got into our FIRST FILM FESTIVAL! WOOOO!

So, if any of y'all are interested in seeing a big funtime movie with monsters, cute girls, and hunky dudes then you should totally come check us out at the CINEQUEST FILM FESTIVAL in San Jose, CA. We're going to have three screenings and I should be at all of them. You know, if you wanted to meet me or whatever. It's also cool if you just want to eye me from the back and judge me.

And if you're on the fence and for some reason don't trust my enthusiasm here, you can also read an interview I did about the movie and it's impending screening here.

• 4 months later...

So yeah, this happened:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/76932/love-time-monsters-gets-distribution-new-stills

So after years of hard work and dedication, we finally found distribution for Love in the Time of Monsters! Specific details as to when are still being shaken out, but the movie is officially in the pipeline to come out with a fully loaded DVD sometime in the near-ish future. CRAZYPANTS!

ALSO! We're headed to SDCC courtesy of our distributer Indican Pictures, so make sure you stop by on that Saturday. We should have some fun stuff, a guest or two, and some swag.

I'm super excited, guys. I can't wait to have this thing out there for everyone to see!

Thats great.

I hope you have a double heavy hand shake for the minimate toy nerds. An honestly I'm made up for you,as this forum is and has been a postive force for creativity without the geek/nerd blacness. You have gone out and done what you want. Win lose ore draw you have done what you want and that aint bad.

Hey thanks guys! I'll totally keep y'all updated as things continue to develop; especially if it involves a trip to NYCC.

That said, I discovered the bit of swag we're giving away at the SDCC booth: A badass Glow-in-the-dark Psychomonkey (our term for the evil Bigfoot-looking guys) pin. Check it out!

WOO!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick last minute update. In case anyone is interested, we're at booth 4136 both days this weekend with some cool stuff to give away. Also, Saturday we'll have Doug Jones and Mike McShane there to sign some stuff before noon. So stop. Y before you go hit the big dst panel!

To read more about our plans check out our blog: http://uncleslavkosfuntimeblog.com/2014/07/24/were-going-to-comic-con/

• 1 month later...

I'm back with even more exciting news! You can now see Love in the Time of Monsters in Theaters!

WHAT?!?!!?

I know, super nuts! So here's the thing: Regular theatrical distribution is a pain in neck in terms of sales and returns (as in the movie has to rent the space and typically makes no money off of it) and is increasing tougher to do what with studios hogging all the screens for their latest big release. Our solution to this problem is a service called TUGG.

The best way to describe TUGG is that it's like Kickstarter meets VideoOnDemand. It's a way for the audience to demand a movie and pre-buy tickets for it until it hits a certain threshold and is shown in your hometown. It seems more confusing than it is. Let's use an example.

So, say you live in... Toledo, OH and you really want to see this amazing bigfoot movie you've heard all about. Step one is to head to TUGG to see if there are any screenings ramping up in your area. Assuming there isn't, then you request one and become it's host. From there you pick the venue, the date, and the time you'd like the screening to happen and, after a few days of processing, the page will be live and ready for people to buy tickets.

At this point it's up to you, as the host, to get the word out about the screening. You need to get a certain amount of butts in the seats to cover the cost of the theater and the admin costs from TUGG; typically it works out to about 50-60 tickets (at least that's the rough numbers I've seen). Once that number is hit, everything starts to take care of itself. TUGG swoops in to deal with the boring parts of exhibition and you, as the host, have the option of just sitting back and enjoying the picture or working with TUGG to create an event around it.

FUN STUFF!

And listen, if you're thinking about doing this, remember you're not alone. The guys and I have been pumping the movie since 2011 and available to help you promote any way that we can. You can drop me a line here (because I'm always checking this place), on the facebook, or even just leave a comment so everyone can see it.

Also, if you let me know before you start to schedule an event, us behind the scenes guys can try to come with the movie. I mean, I can tell you right now that we want to come to every screening, but things like work, life, and bank accounts might make that more dream than reality. However, we will always try to do something if you let us know.

In the meantime, here's the link to our TUGG page so you can peruse at your leisure.

WOOO!

• 4 weeks later...

GUYS!

Tickets for my movie are ON SALE! RIGHT NOW!

WHAT!!

As it stands, there are three opportunities to see Love in the Time of Monsters THIS MONTH!

If you're in the Los Angeles area, we're having a screening in Burbank on Thursday Oct 16th. Or we will, if we sell 29 more tickets by Oct 9th. Follow this link and get them tix: http://www.tugg.com/events/11269

If you're in the Seattle area, we're having a screening in Woodinville on Wednesday Oct 22nd. You know, if we sell 28 more tickets by Oct 15th. Follow this link to get them tix: http://www.tugg.com/events/11306

Finally, I'm going to be up in Oregon for a screening at the Bend Film Fest NEXT WEEK(!) for screenings on Friday (Oct 10) AND Saturday (Oct 11) nights. You can get tickets here: http://bendfilm.strangertickets.com/films/17784749/love-in-the-time-of-monsters

Super fun times, guys! I hope A- you can make it and B- If you do you come say hi.

• 3 months later...

And so begins the final push.

Straight from our distributors comes the latest and greatest trailer for LOVE IN THE TIME OF MONSTERS and it's pretty great. Check it out:

Also, because I know it's the question on everyone's mind, we finally have a release date: February 17th, 2015!

That's right, in six weeks you'll be able to own this thing I've been blathering on about forever in some form (Definitely via the VOD and definitely at some point a DVD, but I'm still unclear). It's very exciting and it's been a long time coming.

SO EXCITED!!!

Thanks everyone for your support here and around. It really means a lot to me and I very much appreciate it. I hope when y'all finally get to see the movie, you actually like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Shane!

Okay, so I got two more fun links to drop on y'all. The first is an combo interview with Kane Hodder and Doug Jones talking about their first movie together which just happens to be LOVE IN THE TIME OF MONSTERS.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/85508/odd-couple-doug-jones-kane-hodder-discuss-love-time-monsters/

My favorite line is from Kane at the end. I'm not going to spoil it here, but it's certainly one for the books.

Also, I'd like to share with you something crazy exciting: We're listed on NETFLIX! WHAT?!?

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/80028611

It's getting real people.

It's exciting, but there's a catch (because there's always a catch). Netflix may have us listed, but that doesn't mean they'll carry us. In a move that makes sense to them (probably) they don't go out and buy all the movies that come out, and instead list the ones that they could buy if there's a demand. Here's where you can really help.

Do you have a Netflix account? If you do, please click on that link above and add it to your queue. That's it. Just a click, a login, and a click. By doing this we can help drive up the demand and ultimately get Netflix to purchase copies of the movie. Once that happens, you're more than welcome to cut it from your queue or drop it down into those murky depths between Yojimbo and Barry Lyndon on the list.

Again, I very much appreciate all the good vibes and appreciate any and all help you can offer.

You guys are the best!