UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Customs

Rad

I suppose sooner or later I was going to get hit. I've got two U.S. based trades coming my way too. As well as a Sauron Mini. Could be an expensive couple of weeks if officers Pigg and Wakner are on the case. :(

Play.USA had put a sterling value of £24.99 on it. The bloke in the post office reckons he's had loads of it lately. It appears UK Customs have found another way of generating income. Essentially anything with a sterling value of £18 or over IS going to get held and charged.

It may be an idea to start asking our US based friends to order stuff for us and send it on. Can't imagine the shipping on a DVD is going to be much more than $5-10 on a DVD which will work out comparitively less than the Customs levy. I got charged £4.19 in Vat and another £4.00 for the pleasure of having the Post Office store my parcel until Customs got to check it.

Permission to use a four letter word starting with C?

This will sound like a strange question but is there any way of checking online if a parcel has gone through customs ? I'm asking cos i've never had to deal with customs before

Not really no, first you know is when you get a nice bill from the postman

£18 now... great....

My new policy is anything sent to me will be marked as gift at $15 then...

Gits...

and permission granted.

I theng yew...

Oi Customs... You're cunts! All of yer!

LOL you should be careful Rad, you never know if they are monitoring your communications now you're a know duty avoider and all :P

British Customs are way more powerfull than you think, they actually have more 'authority' than the police in most cases, goes way back to 'ye days of old' and the issues with smugglers, the goverment pretty much gave them a free reign as long as they stopped them.

Mind you at least they dont stop EVERYONE who enters the country like US customs do.

T.