UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kingdom Hearts & PS3?

Shanester

My son wants a PS3 this Christmas and one reason (he is an XBox kid mostly)is that he wants to play Kingdom Hearts again (PS2 crapped out a couple of years back). My problem is that I don't know much about the game and am not sure which version to get for him. What version of Kindom Hearts is best and what will play on a PS3? Thanks for the help!

I might be wrong but I don't believe there is a Kingdom Hearts game for the PS3 and PS3s are no longer capable of playing PS2 games.

I'm off to kill my son now...

Yup, there is no Kingdom Hearts on the PS3.... yet. Kingdom Hearts III might be. It is hard to say.

Kingdom Hearts are far and few between. One or two for most systems. 2 on PS2, 2 on DS, 1 on PSP, 1 on GBA, upcoming one for 3DS. There is also a trading card game you could always get...

PS3 did just start a PS2 classics like their PS1 classics (download games). If SquareEnix is to do what they did for the PS1 classics, I would not be surprised to see the Kingdome Hearts games released for the PS2 classics soon enough.

PS3's are amazeballs though. Region free, Bluray... cool stuff like that

If your son is into cute Japanese RPG's, There is one coming out called Ni No Kuni (makers of the Dark Cloud series on PS2[if you never played them, I would suggest you pick them up :D]) next year that I am super excited for.

I would recommend replacing the PS2 though, there are a lot of games worth replaying on that one.

I agree with Pickle.......You might want to replace the PS2 since that's where all the Kingdom Hearts games are right now. I can recommend both KH 1 and 2, both are very good games and have a lot of play value.

I checked out gamestop's site and they have refurbished PS2's right now for $39.99

If he still wants to get a ps3 after you tell him that there's no koh for ps3 here is a backward compatible ps3 list http://thirdworldgeek.com/is-your-ps3-backward-compatible/

there is a kingdom of hearts on the psp

It's really a shame that there's no kingdom of hearts on ps3.My first system was GameCube,then I got wii then I got my ps3.My ps3 is not backwards compatible so I never played a kingdom of hearts before but I really do want to.I guess I might have to scout the psp one.

Hey Shane, On Dec. 6th you guys might want to check out Gamestop. They have a deal going on, that day only, that you get 50% off ALL PS2 games. You must be a Power-Up Rewards member for this deal though.

http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/HolidayOffers

Or, if you like amazon, they currently have them available used for $7 - $8 plus shipping

Might be a better way to go.

Hope that helps you out!

Thanks for the heads up! We are powerup members and I plan to get him another PS2. I already got the PS3, but his b-day is soon after Christmas. You guys rock!