UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Discussion *2011 Minimate Hunt*

Lurch77

Super Extra Overtime Bonus Challenge  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Best Picture

Just to throw these questions out there:

*Would more people be able to get entries done if the contest was extended a couple weeks (I'm guessing with the holidays that not as many people are available to post)?

*How do those that have already posted their entries feel about extending a couple weeks?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*How do those that have already posted their entries feel about extending a couple weeks?

If people actually are going to do more entries, then I'm all for it, but if it gets extended a couple more weeks but nothing comes of it, then Why waste the time?

That said, if you throw it a few weeks longer and add another challenge or two, then the time won't be wasted. But don't listen to me. Talk to people who still have stuff left to do.

Edited Due to New Information

And now that the new post is in the entries thread, I might put the rest of my challenges up earlier, since hiding them is just silly.

Yeah. That's all.

Edited by The Geohound

Just to throw these questions out there:

*Would more people be able to get entries done if the contest was extended a couple weeks (I'm guessing with the holidays that not as many people are available to post)?

I am pretty much on the same boat with geo,I just got to take a couple more pics tommorow and I will be done,I will upload the bonus challenges on new years which should not be a problem.

But yeah,you should definately do a poll,I would not mind it but like geo said if you do not need to don't need to extend the date

Oh and p.s for our own challenge are we allowed editing it with editing programs?

Well I finally finished,the ones I added where 15,19,20,22,23 and 33{Lurch I think You Will like 33 :tongue:

All my bonus photos where on my old camera but since I got a new one{Which I used to shoot these 6 photos with}I'll just take the pictures on my new camera for the better quality.

It Looks like 1 person said they needed more time and also miniman2011 joined so I guess the contest should be extended

In the same boat as the darkred guy, Minimates, I can not see your stuff. I would like to, but for whatever reason, whenever someone uses Facebook for images here, I can never view them.

But I would suggest that Facebook might not be the best place for these anyways. Photobucket is certainly an easy and free alternative, but it's your thing and you do it how you want.

That being said, I welcome both Minimates and Miniman2011 into the fray. I look forward to a clean fight.

Also, in checking the poll results, Lurch, blacksun says he needs more time. Give him that time. I really like his stuff and I want to see him finish. (I sound a little fangirly here, huh?) But yes, it seems a few more weeks might be in order. I will of course, have issues waiting as I am impatient to see everyone's everything (That's not right, is it?) but hell, we've been on this since August, yeah? A couple weeks more to see excellent works is fine by me.

I'm probably still going to put up the rest of my stuff tomorrow anyway, because hey, why not? It's not exactly as if the hidden challenges are that tough to come across anymore, which I'm actually all in favor of. When we started and there were hidden challenges, I was a tad distraught, as I thought for sure I wouldn't find them all. And maybe other people were too, but that issue is moot really, so hell with it. Let's kick this pig!

Also, kudos to darkredshadow for finishing with some great stuff. And to anyone else who's finished and holding back, good for you too.

I have gone on too long again. Crud.

Edited by The Geohound

I say there is a deadline and like Geohound said.....why extend it if nothing is going to come of it.

Sure I can do more, but I am house sitting for the next week and I left all my stuff (Camera and mate) back at my house.....so as far as I'm concerned, I'm finished.

Also, in checking the poll results, Lurch, blacksun says he needs more time. Give him that time. I really like his stuff and I want to see him finish. (I sound a little fangirly here, huh?)

Awww shucks :blush:

I understand if we don't get an extention though, it's not really fair to those that are away, like jcastick. I'm fine either way, I'll get what I can done tomorrow, and if I don't finish that's OK, I had fun and that's what matters :)

Edited by blacksun1520

I'm totally fine with what I was able to do and I don't think we need more time. It's part of the game, although I think it's a pitty that just a handful of guys were participating. I put up some more pics today and had some of the bonus challenges already taken. I don't think I'll be able to finish a lot more of the challenges if we have another week, and I think it's just fair that the folks who took the most pics have a big advantage (keep in mind that the one with the most pics isn't necessary the winner, since there are up to two points per challenge for effort and entertainment. :tongue: )

I really enjoyed the Hunt a lot and I think we've seen some amazing pics so far. Kudos to those who really finished all of them!

And thanks again, Lurch, great job!!! :thumbsup:

I posted about Bob just before Bob posted about Bob. Weird.

Anyways, if the extension doesn't happen, obviously I'm alright with it, but I'll be a little sad to not see more finished entries. But such is life, I guess.

So I guess if a majority of the people who aren't done are fine with not being done or know they won't get more done in overtime, then so be it, I guess.

Anyways, I will watch all day and hopefully see many new shots popping up. In the meantime, I'm gonna go play Batman.

Edit: I should probably note that by "Go play Batman" I meant play Batman: Arkham City the video game, not that I was going to put on a cape and pointy ears and run around saying "I'm Batman" in my best gravely voice. I see how that sentence could have been misinterpreted.

Edited by The Geohound

You know what geo has a great point why not do the bonus challenges?Its not like their hard to find and hey it could help the newer enteries win if they don't know what to do for some challenges

Oh and geohound it's ok we all know you beat arkham city and now you want to larp Its OK

Edited by darkredshdow

Ok, let's go for 10 more days to see if perhaps we'll get a few more pics (that and I got chaos at work this coming week so I may not be online much). I'll throw out one more bonus challenge and put together a special prize just for that one challenge :thumbsup:

Does that sound good to everyone?

Ok, let's go for 10 more days to see if perhaps we'll get a few more pics (that and I got chaos at work this coming week so I may not be online much). I'll throw out one more bonus challenge and put together a special prize just for that one challenge :thumbsup:

I'm curious to what this new challenge is!

Oh and p.s what if an international member wins the tru gift card?Do they work In Other country's?

I'm curious to what this new challenge is!

I'll think of something today and post it tomorrow.

Oh and p.s what if an international member wins the tru gift card?Do they work In Other country's?

Not sure, I didn't see any restrictions on it when I got it. But I will double check and post specifics on it.

A bonus challenge with a special prize? Yes, let's do that.

Yeah geo you did an amazing job!Everyone did great and this contest has been extremely fun!I can't wait to see the new entry's coming in.My bonus challenges are about to be shot right now and then I should be done until the final bonus challenge comes.

P.S:Geo your #4 is hilarious!I really like your thought behind the review challenge too!

~Super Extra Overtime Bonus Challenge~ Picture of your minimate showing off other Minimates in your collection.

I'm going to throw together a surprise grab bag from figures I have in my collection just for this challenge :biggrin:

Here's the info on the $20 TRU online prize:

Limit one (1) voucher per customer. Offer value can be used toward the cost of shipping. For shipping options and rates visit http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3554259. Voucher can be spent toward merchandise online at www.toysrus.com and www.babiesrus.com. Offer period: December 16, 2011 to April 15, 2012. Offer must be redeemed on or before 120 days after the offer period. This voucher expires on April 15, 2012 except as required by law. Voucher can only be used at toysrus.com and babiesrus.com. The voucher cannot be redeemed at any Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us or any other store. Except as required by law, the voucher is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Only one (1) voucher may be used in any transaction. The voucher cannot be combined with other discounts, coupons, vouchers, promotions, or promotional codes. Merchandise purchased with this offer is subject to Toys“R”Us’s return policy available at www.toysrus.com, including the special disclosures regarding returns of promotional purchases. Toys“R”Us reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms and conditions of this offer at any time. For more information call: 1-800-TOYS-R-US.

Thank you for naming the extra challenge that.

Also, if you do make a total random surprise bag thing for whoever wins it, you shouldn't tell anyone what it is. Whoever wins it should have to post pictures of whatever awesome ridiculousness is in it.

Edited by The Geohound